Social Work Msc - Dundee University Watch

KF2385
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Looking to see if anyone has firmly accepted an offer from Dundee as of yet? If they have been registered with the SSSC & If they have any idea when allocations for funding will be made?

Cheers!
Last edited by KF2385; 6 months ago
Rlc2557
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hiya,Have you had an offer yet? If it is bursary funding they make the nominations in May!
KF2385
Rep:
?
Hi! Yeah I got an offer in Feb! What about you? Awww sweet, praying I get nominated! Have you been registered with the SSSC yet?
(Original post by Rlc2557)
Hiya,Have you had an offer yet? If it is bursary funding they make the nominations in May!
Rlc2557
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm submitting mine today! I was told that they take submission quite late for the bursary it needs to be this month did you have an interview?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Hi,
I applied for a place on the MSc in Social Work at Dundee earlier this month (April). I completed my application via the UCAS Postgrad site on a Monday, my referee provided his reference on the Wednesday, I received an unconditional offer on the Thursday and I accepted it on the Friday. Couldn't believe how quickly it all happened, as I thought I'd maybe get a reply after a few weeks.

SSSC nominations take place in May, as mentioned, and students will receive emails saying yay or nay. I didn't complete an assessment and I wasn't interviewed. I haven't even received info regarding SSSC registration from the uni. Was anyone else interviewed? Did anyone complete an assessment?
KF2385
Rep:
?
Hi,

That's some week for you! You've to apply for registration yourself through the SSSC. the university still hasn't me been in contact with me regarding this as they were meant to send out a PVG form but I just got a form from elsewhere and sent it away.

I wasn't interviewed or assessed, no one has been I think. Bit strange!

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I applied for a place on the MSc in Social Work at Dundee earlier this month (April). I completed my application via the UCAS Postgrad site on a Monday, my referee provided his reference on the Wednesday, I received an unconditional offer on the Thursday and I accepted it on the Friday. Couldn't believe how quickly it all happened, as I thought I'd maybe get a reply after a few weeks.

SSSC nominations take place in May, as mentioned, and students will receive emails saying yay or nay. I didn't complete an assessment and I wasn't interviewed. I haven't even received info regarding SSSC registration from the uni. Was anyone else interviewed? Did anyone complete an assessment?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by KF2385)
Hi,

That's some week for you! You've to apply for registration yourself through the SSSC. the university still hasn't me been in contact with me regarding this as they were meant to send out a PVG form but I just got a form from elsewhere and sent it away.

Yes it is a bit strange because most other unis have an assessment or an interview or both. Maybe they'll contact me about joining the SSSC and PVG completion after bursary nominations in May. I guess they'll base nominations on the application alone. It'll be difficult to get a nomination that way because at least with an assessment or interview you have the chance to stand out, to show in greater detail what you know. As it stands, all they have is the application with the personal statement.
Rlc2557
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

Did they contact you and ask for a reference? When I filled in the application through UCAS it had information to bypass the reference as it said most dont require it (I would think social work would though), so just wondering if they then contacted you after?
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

Seems strange - I thought there was be an assessment or interview. I'm sure the uni website states there is!
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rlc2557)
Did they contact you and ask for a reference? When I filled in the application through UCAS it had information to bypass the reference as it said most dont require it (I would think social work would though), so just wondering if they then contacted you after?
Hi,
I saw that message about the reference on the UCAS site but I just provided details of my referee there and then. I believe UCAS sent my referee a link and the guy, an academic, uploaded it. I wasn't able to read his reference, not that I wanted to anyway. I think Dundee must have been waiting on the reference because the very next day after it was sent, the uni made me an Unconditional Offer.

I wonder how many people have been offered places and I also wonder how many of those who've accepted offers, will be nominated for a bursary. I can look at what happened to me in a couple of ways, either a) they liked my application and quickly offered me a place or b) they were just looking to fill places. Like others, I'm nervous about the bursary email in May.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Hi

Just wondered how long it took between you submitting your application and receiving an offer from Dundee?

Thanks
Hi! Yeah I got an offer in Feb! What about you? Awww sweet, praying I get nominated! Have you been registered with the SSSC yet?
KF2385
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

Anyone heard anymore about bursary nominations??
Hi,
I saw that message about the reference on the UCAS site but I just provided details of my referee there and then. I believe UCAS sent my referee a link and the guy, an academic, uploaded it. I wasn't able to read his reference, not that I wanted to anyway. I think Dundee must have been waiting on the reference because the very next day after it was sent, the uni made me an Unconditional Offer.

I wonder how many people have been offered places and I also wonder how many of those who've accepted offers, will be nominated for a bursary. I can look at what happened to me in a couple of ways, either a) they liked my application and quickly offered me a place or b) they were just looking to fill places. Like others, I'm nervous about the bursary email in May.
VL5434
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Looking to see if anyone has firmly accepted an offer from Dundee as of yet? If they have been registered with the SSSC & If they have any idea when allocations for funding will be made?

Cheers!
Hi - I accepted an offer back in February - the nominations email came out today. It confirmed that if you've accepted your offer by June 4th then your nomination will go forward to SSSC. SSSC will then contact for more info...
Nadia3019
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

Has anyone been told they have funding from the sssc yet?

The wait has been terrible and I’m anxious just to find out!

Thanks
Nadia
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nadia3019)
Hey,

Has anyone been told they have funding from the sssc yet?

The wait has been terrible and I’m anxious just to find out!

Thanks
Nadia
Hi,

I received an email from the SSSC about 15 minutes ago telling me I've been awarded the full bursary.

I know what you mean about the wait. It's been very stressful not knowing if I would get it because without the bursary I wouldn't be able to do the degree.

I hope you hear good news about the bursary soon.

All the best.
VL5434
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dealing with SSSC is never a smooth ride. They’ve sat on my applications (registration and bursary) for five weeks before coming back for more information.
I’ve previously been registered with them albeit in a different part of the register and am already member of PVG. Yet they still required multiple certified ID and proof of residence 🙄
LB*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I got confirmation from SSSC that I’ll be receiving the bursary on Monday. Huge relief!

Are you all set for the 16th? I’m excited and terrified in equal measure...
Last edited by LB*; 1 month ago
VL5434
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LB*)
Hi everyone,

I got confirmation from SSSC that I’ll be receiving the bursary on Monday. Huge relief!

Are you all set for the 16th? I’m excited and terrified in equal measure...
This is exactly what I say whenever someone asks me how I am feeling 😅 just desperate to hear if I will receive the bursary
LB*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by VL5434)
This is exactly what I say whenever someone asks me how I am feeling 😅 just desperate to hear if I will receive the bursary
What date did you submit your application? Have you called to chase for a response?
VL5434
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LB*)
What date did you submit your application? Have you called to chase for a response?
Got confirmation today! Phew!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Art, Design & Architecture Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 1 Nov '19
  • University of Dundee
    Art & Design Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 1 Nov '19
  • University of Dundee
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed