The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Sustainable Development at Edinburgh v. St Andrews

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone would tell me what the Sustainable Development program is like at Edinburgh. I'm an American living in Belgium and I've received unconditional offers from both St Andrews and Edinburgh and I'm really torn between the two. If anyone could tell me about their experience with Sustainable Development at Edinburgh I would really appreciate it!
Original post by Julsee
Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone would tell me what the Sustainable Development program is like at Edinburgh. I'm an American living in Belgium and I've received unconditional offers from both St Andrews and Edinburgh and I'm really torn between the two. If anyone could tell me about their experience with Sustainable Development at Edinburgh I would really appreciate it!

Just giving this a :bump: for you
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Hi, I study Sustainable Development at Edinburgh and would highly recommend it. I don't know anyone who studies it at St Andrews so can't vouch from their perspective but in terms of the location Edinburgh is a lovely, bustling city with so much to do as a student, and a lot of sustainability initiatives going on. St Andrews, however, is a very small, beautiful town which I found it too small for me personally. The course is more humanities based rather than scientific which is a usual misconception. You have the opportunity to choose a pathway between Geography, International Relations, Politics, Social Anthropology and Sociology, which I really love as it allows you to shape your degree to your interests. It is very interdisciplinary and has been enjoyable, and challenging in some respects. Overall, I would recommend the degree at Edinburgh.
Original post by edistudent
Hi, I study Sustainable Development at Edinburgh and would highly recommend it. I don't know anyone who studies it at St Andrews so can't vouch from their perspective but in terms of the location Edinburgh is a lovely, bustling city with so much to do as a student, and a lot of sustainability initiatives going on. St Andrews, however, is a very small, beautiful town which I found it too small for me personally. The course is more humanities based rather than scientific which is a usual misconception. You have the opportunity to choose a pathway between Geography, International Relations, Politics, Social Anthropology and Sociology, which I really love as it allows you to shape your degree to your interests. It is very interdisciplinary and has been enjoyable, and challenging in some respects. Overall, I would recommend the degree at Edinburgh.

Hi, I’m thinking about applying to Edinburgh for sustainable Development, I was just wondering is it a bachelors course or a masters? On the website it seems to just be a masters but also says it is 4 years which makes me think it is like a bachelors? Thanks !
Hi, so the course at Edinburgh is a Scottish Masters meaning it’s equivalent to an undergraduate bachelors degree but is usually more respected due to being 4 years instead of the typical 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending