Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,
I’m currently writing my literature review and I am using another piece of work as inspiration. I am using 5 articles altogether but would like to use two that are the same as the other piece of work I am using as structural support. I have checked and turnitin does not bring up a similarity to another students work, just the place where it is originally cited from.
My question is will lecturers realise or see where I have got my inspiration from if it does not flag up on turnitin? I don’t want to be told off for plagerism.
I also wanted to know if teachers only use turnitin as a form of identifying plagiarism.
Many thanks 🙃
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You say "inspiration" but it's pretty clear that you plan on just taking a sentence from this article and that. In which case, yes, "your" work will definitely flag.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Even if it doesn’t show on turnitin?
(Original post by Tootles)
You say "inspiration" but it's pretty clear that you plan on just taking a sentence from this article and that. In which case, yes, "your" work will definitely flag.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,
I’m currently writing my literature review and I am using another piece of work as inspiration. I am using 5 articles altogether but would like to use two that are the same as the other piece of work I am using as structural support. I have checked and turnitin does not bring up a similarity to another students work, just the place where it is originally cited from.
My question is will lecturers realise or see where I have got my inspiration from if it does not flag up on turnitin? I don’t want to be told off for plagerism.
I also wanted to know if teachers only use turnitin as a form of identifying plagiarism.
Many thanks 🙃
When someone says "using it as inspiration" "structural support" that sounds dodgy in itself. I suggest you read up on your universities plagiarisms rules or realise the risk of breaking them. If you arent sure then contact your university [department or the people who deal with disciplinaries] or see the student department.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Even if it doesn’t show on turnitin?
It will show on turnitin.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Turnitin does indicate similarity to other students' work, it just doesn't give access to the piece without permission. I get emails every other week asking for access to essays so that other institutions can check whether coincidence or copied.
Big kaks og
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ayesha Irfan)
Hello there!
I am a freelancer and can assist you in complete removal of plagiarism from your content. You can check by assigning a small part first. After my services, turnitin would not be a problem for you. If you are interested, +92 3074087404 is my WhatsApp number, or you can pm me here too.
Thank you!
it doesn't really work itll still show up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.19%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.77%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
16.17%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.37%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
26.95%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (31)
18.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise