The Student Room Group

Failing ICT, but getting 8s and 9s in everything else?

Hello,

So I'm known as a pretty academic student and have aspirations of studying law and going to a top university.

My school have ICT as a compulsory qualification (it is not a GCSE, but a level 2 qualification). I failed my exam (25%) and am not doing brilliantly on my coursework. As it turns out, my school is giving us 1 lesson a week when we should be getting at least 3.

We were not taught any exam technique or even how to use the software, only given a really unhelpful booklet. I tried teaching it to myself but apparently I still failed.

Our teacher is absolutely useless, every time I'm meant to have a 1:1 session with her she cancells on me. I know coursework is the main source of marks and these will be added to the marks for the exam. Apparently if I do well on the coursework I can still get a C.

I don't want to offend anyone who would consider a C good, but at the same time I would be disappointed with one as it would look awful compared to my other grades.

Any advice would be really appreciated, I must admit I'm getting into a bit of a state about this.
1 lesson a week is pathetic.....is this the Cida/website course...if so there are plenty of videos on you tube on how to develop a website and write an evaluation and for the cida coursework keywords are key. If a C isn't an okay grade for you..that's completely fine...success is relative. If you are doing the cida coursework I could send you the keywords....and sorry if you aren't doing the same course as me....good luck
PS...My teacher is sexiest ...always helping the guys out...so i had to work twice as hard....teachers these days are just....:hmpf:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest