The Student Room Group

Rejecting a job

Hi,

Just looking for advice into how I can reject a job offer. It sounds simple but I accepted the offer around Jan/Feb time and have heard little information regarding the job apart from bit part emails from time to time. The jobs itself requires me to do a £400+ course which I can't afford or attend and they said they will 'refund' the money to me once the course is paid for.

I for one am not comfortable with this and don't understand why they can't pay for my course if all they will do is pay me back??

Anyway long story short I received an email today with a 'new start pack' attached which I don't want to fill out as the job no longer interests me based on future careers and personal reasons. I want to progress into teaching and this job wouldn't cater to that and also takes up a lot of time during the week that I need for placement/coursework/revision etc.

I'm just nervous about their response and what they will think of me, I haven't signed any legally binding documents so technically I assume I'm not fully employed by them.

Any advice and help would be appreciated!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Just looking for advice into how I can reject a job offer. It sounds simple but I accepted the offer around Jan/Feb time and have heard little information regarding the job apart from bit part emails from time to time. The jobs itself requires me to do a £400+ course which I can't afford or attend and they said they will 'refund' the money to me once the course is paid for.

I for one am not comfortable with this and don't understand why they can't pay for my course if all they will do is pay me back??

Anyway long story short I received an email today with a 'new start pack' attached which I don't want to fill out as the job no longer interests me based on future careers and personal reasons. I want to progress into teaching and this job wouldn't cater to that and also takes up a lot of time during the week that I need for placement/coursework/revision etc.

I'm just nervous about their response and what they will think of me, I haven't signed any legally binding documents so technically I assume I'm not fully employed by them.

Any advice and help would be appreciated!

Thank you :smile:

What is this job? Have you considered it could be a scam? You should not be paying for training .....
[QUOTE=Anonymous;82476954........

If you aren't ever going to work for them, why do you care what they think of you? You shouldn't have to pay for a £400 course before being able to start work for them. If it's a requirement, they are either advertise that and only accept people that already have the qualification, or they pay for it themselves.

Just email and say with regret you have to withdraw from the role as you've had a change in circumstances. Kind regards etc
Original post by threeportdrift
If you aren't ever going to work for them, why do you care what they think of you? You shouldn't have to pay for a £400 course before being able to start work for them. If it's a requirement, they are either advertise that and only accept people that already have the qualification, or they pay for it themselves.

Just email and say with regret you have to withdraw from the role as you've had a change in circumstances. Kind regards etc

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending