bignjuicy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Essex is a better uni overall on the table at 26th whereas Royal Holloway is 28th and Kent is 44th.

Kent is a better uni for bio sciences on the table at 17th whereas Royal Holloway is 37th and Essex is 58th.

Essex and Kent both have Gold Teaching Excellence Framework but Royal Holloway has silver.

Which uni is better at teaching, is more respected and/or will give me better career choices? Royal Holloway is a UoL so maybe is is more respected?

I'm indifferent about the culture, aesthetics or night life etc of the different areas and the modules are basically the same.

I wont be living at home and I think accommodations in London are generally more expensive.

Kent and Royal Holloway has given me an unconditional (I got my grades last year) but Essex wants an interview and I'm a bit socially anxious/awkward so I might mess it up and wouldn't want to go if Kent or Royal Holloway is a better choice anyway.
Last edited by bignjuicy; 2 years ago
Cullyyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't worry about Essex interviews I had mine earlier this year. They just want to know a little more about you in person. They won't try to trip you up with complex questions its just an informal chat
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Rankings mean little as does respect. How do the courses compare? What sort of career are you wanting?
(Original post by bignjuicy)
Essex is a better uni overall on the table at 26th whereas Royal Holloway is 28th and Kent is 44th.

Kent is a better uni for bio sciences on the table at 17th whereas Royal Holloway is 37th and Essex is 58th.

Essex and Kent both have Gold Teaching Excellence Framework but Royal Holloway has silver.

Which uni is better at teaching, is more respected and/or will give me better career choices? Royal Holloway is a UoL so maybe is is more respected?

I'm indifferent about the culture, aesthetics or night life etc of the different areas and the modules are basically the same.

I wont be living at home and I think accommodations in London are generally more expensive.

Kent and Royal Holloway has given me an unconditional (I got my grades last year) but Essex wants an interview and I'm a bit socially anxious/awkward so I might mess it up and wouldn't want to go if Kent or Royal Holloway is a better choice anyway.
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there!
I'm a social media student rep for the University of Kent, so if you have any questions about life at Kent, please feel free to ask
If you're struggling to decide between universities it could be helpful to use the Kent Unibuddy scheme so you can talk to current students studying biomedical science so you can get a real sense of what the course is like. Here's the link;
https://www.kent.ac.uk/unibuddy/
When trying to make your final decision about university I would definitely recommend focussing on which course appeals to you the most, as this will play a large part in shaping your university experience. Also, visiting the universities can be super helpful to see where you feel most at home and which would offer you the best opportunities during your time there. If you haven't been already, here's the link to the University of Kent open days and applicant days page;
https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/visit/
I hope that this helps! Good luck with your A-levels.
(Original post by bignjuicy)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.73%
England (110)
33.03%
Belgium (27)
8.11%
Germany (39)
11.71%
Spain (7)
2.1%