Contraceptive pill Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have been on the pill for 2 years now and never had a problem. I missed ONE pill a few days ago - which doesn’t have any effect as you are still protected from pregnancy.
After this day I took both pills (the one I missed and the one for that day), and felt fine. I then came on to what seems my period - I have been bleeding and having period cramps for the last 3/4 days even though I’m still taking my pill as normal. Does anybody know what this means, as it seems like a normal period , but this shouldn’t happen when you’re on the pill?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been on the pill for 2 years now and never had a problem. I missed ONE pill a few days ago - which doesn’t have any effect as you are still protected from pregnancy.
After this day I took both pills (the one I missed and the one for that day), and felt fine. I then came on to what seems my period - I have been bleeding and having period cramps for the last 3/4 days even though I’m still taking my pill as normal. Does anybody know what this means, as it seems like a normal period , but this shouldn’t happen when you’re on the pill?
How many hours late were you with this pill? What type of pill are you on?

If you're on the combined pill, if you're more than 12 hours late you are not protected from pregnancy anymore. With the mini pill, depending on the type, either being more than 3 or 12 hours late means you are no longer protected.

If you were more than 12 hours late and you had unprotected sex, I would recommend taking a pregnancy test in 2 weeks, and for the next 7 days (or 7 days after you last had sex and took your pill normally and correctly) use condoms as well to protect you.

Sorry I know that isn't your question but your information about still being protected is incorrect if you took it more than 12 hours late. If you took it within 12 hours then ignore the above.

You're likely having a bleed because you missed a pill and your hormones are just a bit out of place. Continue taking your pill like normal and if the bleeding continues for longer or you get a bleed like this when you don't expect it at a later date then see your GP. You can pop and see a pharmacist too if you're concerned.

For women the effects of missing a pill can be more than for others. This could just be the way your body reacts to it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (135)
60.81%
No (87)
39.19%

Watched Threads

Latest