The Student Room Group

OCR CHEMISTRY A 2019 Revision, Predictions, Resources Past Papers

Are there any other new spec past papers other than set 1, 2 practice papers?How is everyone revising now that exams are so close?

Scroll to see replies

Do you do gateway or 21st century
Reply 2
Its the new OCR A A level Chemistry starting from 2015, but its not OCR B, so I don't know if it's gateway or 21st century
Reply 3
predicitons?
Reply 4
I say go over past paper questions as most topics from previous years do come up.
Reply 5
hows everyone feeling about the exam
Reply 6
Original post by sherzsy
hows everyone feeling about the exam

kinda ****/sad
Reply 7
anyone got useful resources i dont know what to do ..
Feeling quite unprepared for chemistry, it's like 1 week away and there's still so much I don't know, I need an A to get into uni but so far I get Cs in every past paper for Paper 1 :frown:
Reply 9
I’m scared as the boundaries are so so high!! Do we reckon they’ll get higher this year (hope not) or stay similar?
I feel like the papers are going to be harder this year especially for paper 1 (as last year paper 1 was reasonable) so reckon grade boundaries only a bit lower not too much..
It'll still be high as always urgh
Reply 11
everyone in my skl is failing chem
There are more resources for new a level chem than a lot of people realise. On top of 2 sets of practice papers (which can be found in forums on TSR), you also have the specimen papers and the 2017 and 2018 papers. It's also worth doing the old ocr a papers (H034, H434) as most of the questions are still relevant to new spec.
hardest topic in paper 1??
I found some predictions here if that is of any help to anyone revising: http://tutors-in-bristol.co.uk/ocr-a-level-chemistry-predictions-2019/
I am so nervous about these exams! I have struggled with chemistry for the last two years and usually get D’s, I have only just started to get a C. Luckily, I have an unconditional so don’t need to grade for uni but if I don’t get a C I will be so disappointed!

Why are the grade boundaries so high😭
Reply 16
I think overall paper 3 will be the hardest part. What have u got unconditional in?
Original post by em_monroe
I am so nervous about these exams! I have struggled with chemistry for the last two years and usually get D’s, I have only just started to get a C. Luckily, I have an unconditional so don’t need to grade for uni but if I don’t get a C I will be so disappointed!

Why are the grade boundaries so high😭
has anyone got good resources that they use for revision? :frown:
Original post by Bob7866
I think overall paper 3 will be the hardest part. What have u got unconditional in?

Psychology
Need an A for uni. I applied for Physics 4 year MSci. Firm is Imperial. Need A*A*A. One A* has to be in maths. The A*A for physics and chemistry can be in any order. Insurance is UCL, need AAA. For someone doing A levels in maths, chemistry and physics, I'm feeling OK about the upcoming chemistry papers. Paper 3 is the one I'm most worried about. It's all about that practice! In fact, each of my subjects' paper 3's are the hardest :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest