I am 19 year old and yet have not asked a girl out

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am getting older and older and I have never asked a girl out is that something terrible or what ! I am really shy :/
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I am also 19 and haven’t either. I’m not particularly shy, but am in that department. So you’re not alone!
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
I’m only 16 and I’ve never gone on a date or asked anyone out and I don’t plan to until uni. I don’t think it’s terrible you should do things when you feel comfortable and you should not have to follow anything that is “normal”
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
oh that's such a relief I thought I was like a weirdo or something good to know that I am not alone at this
WilliamsQI
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m 23 and have yet to ask a girl out. I had a chance once, she clearly would of been interested. However, just wasn’t the right time for me to have a relationship.

Don’t worry about it. Besides relationships in your teenage years never last from what I’ve seen. So focus on other aspects of life until you meet someone that makes you really want to ask them out, that feeling is stronger than the nerves.
TheseusofLondon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Fear of rejection is a very common thing that both men and women suffer from! That being if you do ask someone out and they say no then that can have greater impacts on things like your confidence.

Honestly it's something that you have to just be calm and confident about. Rejection happens to everyone, you need to embrace it and move on when it happens IF it happens, it might not!

Think of the worst thing that can happen when asking someone out - they say No.

It's not the end of the world is it! Take it on the chin and move on. The right ones will always come along eventually and they will say Yes!

Also, there's no rush, you're 19, you got plenty of damn time to get your **** wet, enjoy life while you have it cause there's more to it then relationships! Build yourself into the best you can be and let everything else slide into place (no pun intended) ✌🏻️
Anonymous #4
Report 2 years ago
Not sure if this is what you're implying, but I don't think the vast majority of relationships start from guys just walking up to girls and asking for their number or to go on a date or whatever; Nowadays I feel boys will just talk to girls on snapchat/fb/whatsapp and then ask to go on a date after they've been speaking for a bit.

Also this is not like these "I'm still a virgin" posts where you need two to tango. The only thing preventing you from asking someone a question is yourself!
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know it doesn't feel like it in the grand scheme of things but 19 is still young - you've got plenty of time.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you've not been interested in dating anyone then there's nothing wrong with it.
jay2013
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes it's terrible. But don't worry you have a lifetime ahead of you filled with women turning you down for no good reason!
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
you could ask me out
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
TLDR i dropped 3 chics for no other reason than pure oblivious-ness. Like, really.

(Original post by Anonymous)
I am also 19 and haven’t either. I’m not particularly shy, but am in that department. So you’re not alone!

I am getting older and older and I have never asked a girl out is that something terrible or what ! I am really shy :/

18.5 now. i'm in a similar boat, but with an odd difference. fyi i'm a hopeless introvert with hobbies like studying, anime and chess.
3 chics have shown interest between 16-18 (nice ones if i may say so, not idiots like myself), i was oblivious at the time
one even FRIGGIN ASKED ME TO SIT WITH HER, IN A FULL BUS. but, I'm a weeb, so i looked for fellow weeaboo's to chill with. I was 17 at the time with no idea of what she wanted. Btw all 3 were cool lady-friends who i stopped talking to after each rejection.
Bored le$bian
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a hopless lesbian, I don’t give very good advice. But just be confident honestly, don’t do it over text, that won’t work. Go up to a girl in person, act like you know what ur doing, and don’t be too cocky. Idk who you are, but make sure she’s in ur league. Just get ur first one outta the way and you’ll be fine. Disclaimer: I have no idea what I’m doing and am probably wrong, but this may be a good place to start
spanker
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey OP, I'm assuming it's still the same situation a year later?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.14%
Uncertainty around my education (298)
15.01%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (210)
10.57%
Lack of purpose or motivation (277)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (87)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (113)
5.69%
Loneliness (174)
8.76%
Financial worries (71)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (87)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (93)
4.68%
Lack of real life entertainment (109)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (177)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (188)
9.47%

Watched Threads