Meggggggggggg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone help me?

I'm really struggling to understand the Cold War and it's significantly bringing my grades down.

In my January mocks, I got an 8 for the other 3 subjects I'm studying but when it came to the Cold War, I only got a 4.

Is there any good way of understanding it more to ensure that I get at least an 8 overall?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Meggggggggggg)
Can anyone help me?

I'm really struggling to understand the Cold War and it's significantly bringing my grades down.

In my January mocks, I got an 8 for the other 3 subjects I'm studying but when it came to the Cold War, I only got a 4.

Is there any good way of understanding it more to ensure that I get at least an 8 overall?
What is it you dont understand? have you talked to your teacher?

I always like good notes and mind maps, but sometimes if you try too hard it wont make any difference.

I think you need to stand back and try a different method of learning and i think id look for some good documentaries or films on the events contained in your spec so you can get a feel of just how it all fits together. If you can get an 8 in other, then you are obviously good enough just feel how the parts work.
RobynElizabeth99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suggest a timeline, of the Cold War period for example what dates Tehran, Yalta and Potsdam took place on, then just briefly bullet point what was discussed at the conferences. If you do that with everything you can then just learn the timeline
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.41%
I'm not sure (45)
4.32%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (310)
29.78%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (509)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed