The Student Room Group

Student Bills over summer

I have recently just signed a contract for a student house where the contract begins in July 2019. The house is for 6 people and the landlord is allowing us to live there during the summer months if we want. This will be my first time renting a house and my first time having to organise bills (which I’m pretty clueless about). Only I will be living there during summer and obviously need to pay bills. I’m just wondering how I would go about doing this, as everything I’ve looked at splits the bills between the 6 of us. And also are there any good recommendations of companies to go with?
Original post by Amber1822013
I have recently just signed a contract for a student house where the contract begins in July 2019. The house is for 6 people and the landlord is allowing us to live there during the summer months if we want. This will be my first time renting a house and my first time having to organise bills (which I’m pretty clueless about). Only I will be living there during summer and obviously need to pay bills. I’m just wondering how I would go about doing this, as everything I’ve looked at splits the bills between the 6 of us. And also are there any good recommendations of companies to go with?

Mixed reviews you wil have to do some research I think there are three big ones.

You really need to have some house rules about bills.

You also need to decide if you pay everything from july for 3 months and how you spread out the standing charge? i.e money that would be charged whether anyone is there or not. Get it sorted with the other 5 housemates.

Its possible if you are well organised to get all this sorted or it can become a nightmare when one or two dont pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending