The Student Room Group

LPC or masters

If I don’t want to do the LPC is it worthy just to do the masters?

Or is it better do to both integrated?
Original post by Lila96
If I don’t want to do the LPC is it worthy just to do the masters?

Or is it better do to both integrated?

The LPC Masters are the same thing and just marketing to help students gain access to the postgrad loan. Its the LPC + 1 essay. Do you need the loan, if so do the masters.
Reply 2
I heard if you do the masters alone , the employers don’t really look at that, they want the LPC, but if you do both it’s better. Is that really the case?
Generally speaking the many employers I have talked to, they do not care about a masters.

As said do the LPC/LLM together as you get the funding. Its a no brainer for anyone really.
Original post by Lila96
I heard if you do the masters alone , the employers don’t really look at that, they want the LPC, but if you do both it’s better. Is that really the case?

Ps I was talking about the masters which are just the LPC under another name.

There are ofc academic masters available at most unis. If you mean one of those, then they are of limited use and it depends on the employer whether they think it adds enough to your application. They arent required and in many cases they will add little. There isnt a universal answer. Its not going to do you any harm, but also its not going to make your application stand out above all those who just did LLB.
Many people will get TC with just going straight from LLB to LPC.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lila96

Which employers are you referring to? You can't qualify as a solicitor (at the moment) without the Legal Practice Course. A Masters is furthering academic study of law.
Reply 6
As I said “if I don’t want to do the LPC” could be interpreted as I don’t want to become a solicitor.
Just really exploring my options.
And I am aware that if you do not have the LPC you do not qualify as a solicitor.
Just really trying to see the advantages and disadvantages of both scenarios

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending