The Student Room Group

Harvard Referencing urgent help!

Hi! If I'm referencing a chapter in an edited book but that chapter is written at a different time to the publishing of the book, what date do I put in the bibliography?

i.e. Smith, E. M. (1920) ‘The Consequences of War’ in Lederer, I. (1960) The Versailles Settlement. Oxford: Oxford University Press

Do I write it like this, with the date the part of the book was written then with the date the edited book was published???
Original post by Stresspot262
Hi! If I'm referencing a chapter in an edited book but that chapter is written at a different time to the publishing of the book, what date do I put in the bibliography?

i.e. Smith, E. M. (1920) ‘The Consequences of War’ in Lederer, I. (1960) The Versailles Settlement. Oxford: Oxford University Press

Do I write it like this, with the date the part of the book was written then with the date the edited book was published???

this explains how to do it https://library.leeds.ac.uk/referencing-examples/9/leeds-harvard/74/book-chapter-in-an-edited-book i think you don't need the year for the chapter itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending