The Student Room Group

Year 10 mocks tips revision/ time management ๐Ÿ˜ž

I'm just about to do my first set of mocks and I'm kinda worried about it because my revision technique isn't very good and my time management in exams isn't great either.
Can anyone put my mind to rest with any solutions?
Might not be too helpful but I do practice papers and give myself goals for how long to spend on a question. To begin with it all adds up to over the actual allotted time but if you keep doing practices, your timing should improve. As for revision, I just use textbooks but if you can find apps and websites for each subject, use those but donโ€™t limit your revision to just YouTube videos or online quizzes. Flash cards are great too :smile:
Original post by Josh.Taylor
I'm just about to do my first set of mocks and I'm kinda worried about it because my revision technique isn't very good and my time management in exams isn't great either.
Can anyone put my mind to rest with any solutions?

For time management, make a plan of the topics you're going to study each day leading up to the exam. It's vital to set study goals.
e.g: 27/03- Learn Maths Chapter 14 (Trigonometry)
28/03- Do exam questions on Maths Chapter 14 (Trigonometry)

Whilst you're studying, I recommend the Pomodoro technique because it helps me to concentrate when I'm studying over long periods of time.

Active recall is the best strategy, in my opinion. But it only works if you've still a long time left until your exam. Here's a link that explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukLnPbIffxE.

There's no need to stress; if you don't do as well as you wanted in Y10 exams, it doesn't matter because theirs plenty of time to turn things around afterwards for your GCSEs- you have a whole year! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest