The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher History

Just wondering if I am the only person doing this?! Feels like it! What essays are you guys doing? Well I guess all our topics are different but I am doing Weimar Germany, the essays I have memorised are:
The German Revolution
Weimar's "Golden Years"
Factors In The Rise of Nazism
The Nazi Economic Miracle.

I'd also be interested to see if anybody had any model source answers, its so hard to tell if your writing the correct thing!

Watson

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing adv too, but i'm not doing Germany, i'm doing Soviet Russia, i've basically just decided to memorise 4 essays, the advantage of adv is that if a topic isnt in the essays then the chances are it will be in the sources, so the plan is to learn the 4 essays inside out and if need be apply them to the sources.
I dont think im gonna do any source revising since i dont have past papers, just learn some good quotes.
Reply 2
hey

im doing advanced history the past paper on the SQA website is scary so im going to do alot of revision this weekend
Reply 3
we (a whole 2 of us!) are doing Scotland from the romans to 1000AD. Im good on the romans (my dissertation was did the Romans ever conquer Scotland?) and there almost definately will be a roman essay. Not too great on anything else though, and hardly know anything about the vikings even though it always comes up in part 2.:frown:

i just started revising this afternoon cos ive been busy with maths and physics. ill get some essay plans done tomorrow, and make and learn a list of quotes on sunday before work. Hope i get good questions and come out with a C! that's the plan. :biggrin:
I am doing yet another different topic ( Scottish wars of independence ) and looking at what all you guys have done in revision terms worries me as I havn't really started yet. To be fair I have had two exams in the last two days.

It seems the favoured revision technique is essay plans which I wholeheartedly agree with, mainly due to the general lack of imagination of the SQA when it comes to question variation. What's everyone hoping for?
Reply 5
Got 57% in the prelim which wasnt too shabby, i would be happy with a C but with the dissertation taken into account i would hope for a squeezed B. :biggrin:

Hoping i can get around 32/50 for essays, 20/40 for sources and then 33/50 for dissertation, which would be 85/140 which is around 60%
Its hard to predict how well anyone will do in the dissertation, how do the mark it ?
I didn't realise the dissertation was worth that much! University lecturers are known to mark the dissertations so it will probably be marked slightly differently to normal essay's.
Reply 7
i got a B in the prelim but I was very lucky with questions. I'm hoping get a strong B on one essay, a C on the other one, pass the sourcework and hopefully my dissertation is good enough for a B or high C

I should probably be revising now...
Reply 8
Can't believe its tommorow, will be so good once its over and i dont have to worring about it anymore :biggrin:
I think thats my studying over i cant face trying to memorise any more essays or historian's views.
Reply 9
i don't know nearly enough...

oh well i've got my unconditional already
Reply 10
Yup i have an unconditional too, but a still wanna get a pass since i put alot time into my dissertation, and to get a fail after getting an A last year would be ****..
Reply 11
Ok back from exam, it wasnt too bad,although the 2 essays i wanted to turn up never turned up, the whole exam was a bit longwinded, essays weren't too bad apart from the last 16 mark comparison question, where i couldnt see any differences.
Reply 12
yeah glad its over! essays were disappointing i did one good one and one very bad one
Reply 13
there were 3 essay questions i thought i could do. did two of them quite well. sourcework was a bit **** though. Probably passed maybe a B!
Reply 14
I am totally freeking out about AH history. My teacher hates me for apparently no reason and he never marks my work properly. Last one we did I put so much effort into and he wrote like a page of comments on everyone elses and a sentence on mine!-plus he gave it back later than evryone elses.Anyone else got such a lousy teacher?
Reply 15
I have a lovely teacher, but am bored to tears with the subject (Weimar and Nazi Germany).

Ho-hum. :frown:
Reply 16
It is boring. I've applied to do ancient hist. at uni so hopefully it will be more interesting.
Daya
I am totally freeking out about AH history. My teacher hates me for apparently no reason and he never marks my work properly. Last one we did I put so much effort into and he wrote like a page of comments on everyone elses and a sentence on mine!-plus he gave it back later than evryone elses.Anyone else got such a lousy teacher?

What topic are you doing?
Reply 18
I'm doing it. It's tough **** tbh. 30 people in my class at the moment, reckon that will go to the low 20's by the prelim marks :wink: We're doing meiji japan... the joys.
pamelaa
I'm doing it. It's tough **** tbh. 30 people in my class at the moment, reckon that will go to the low 20's by the prelim marks :wink: We're doing meiji japan... the joys.

30! We only have 6 lol. We are doing the Georgians and the Jacobites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending