The Student Room Group

Should I take back my lying boyfriend

My and my boyfriend has been together a year and we was talking/casually dating’ for about 4 month before we got together, in the talking’ stage I was loyal, met his parents and we was spending every weekend togeather. I found out that in this stage he was messaging another girl calling her gorgeous ect, flirting with her and wanting to meet up with her. I have had a feeling that something went on between them as he always liked her photos on Instagram, especially ones where she was half naked // in bikinis. I have asked him so many times for the truth and he kept telling me that he dosent know who she is and that he’d Never spoken to her in his life and it’s just a girl. 2 days ago I messaged her and asked her because it was driving my crazy and she told me everything I thought was going on that they used to flirt, he used to complement her and he wanted to meet up...
he’s lied to me SO much about this as I’ve asked him so many times. Even cried and asked for the truth and he looked me in the eyes and lied.
I left him because I don’t want to be with someone who can lie to me like that and now I don’t trust him at all. Now he’s begging for me back literally crying every day just keeps saying sorry and I don’t know what to do. Is this forgivable? He’s cheated in the past too but he keeps saying he’s changed and he’s not like that no more
Advice
No.
No #2
If you are happy to remain in a relationship where you can't believe anything your boyfriend says, then take him back.
You know that he is a plausible liar who will look you in the eye and lie to you whenever he feels like it.
You also know that he has a history of having sex with multiple partners, probably going behind backs and lying to cover his tracks.

Don't expect him to change for you.
He won't.
Original post by Anonymous
My and my boyfriend has been together a year and we was talking/casually dating’ for about 4 month before we got together, in the talking’ stage I was loyal, met his parents and we was spending every weekend togeather. I found out that in this stage he was messaging another girl calling her gorgeous ect, flirting with her and wanting to meet up with her. I have had a feeling that something went on between them as he always liked her photos on Instagram, especially ones where she was half naked // in bikinis. I have asked him so many times for the truth and he kept telling me that he dosent know who she is and that he’d Never spoken to her in his life and it’s just a girl. 2 days ago I messaged her and asked her because it was driving my crazy and she told me everything I thought was going on that they used to flirt, he used to complement her and he wanted to meet up...
he’s lied to me SO much about this as I’ve asked him so many times. Even cried and asked for the truth and he looked me in the eyes and lied.
I left him because I don’t want to be with someone who can lie to me like that and now I don’t trust him at all. Now he’s begging for me back literally crying every day just keeps saying sorry and I don’t know what to do. Is this forgivable? He’s cheated in the past too but he keeps saying he’s changed and he’s not like that no more
Advice

Answered 2 threads this week already with the bf resorting to tears.

Its entirely up to you.

What you do know is that whilst he was dating you he was openly chasing someone else.
I assume you trust what the girl said? You know he cna lie to your face to vover his back.

Do you want to date a liar? How can you trust anything he says? Do you deserve better than that?

Then you drop the bombshell of past cheating.

Answer = NO, delete him from everything, explain why if you have to and just say its not worth it and tears or saying sorry doesnt change the fact he is untrustworthy.

Move on. If you stay then dont be surprised if it all starts up.
Reply 5
He's lied to you, despite you repeatedly asking him and there being plenty of signs and chances for him to admit the truth.

Move on and forget about him, if you let him back in your life, he has the chance to take advantage of and lie to you again.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Advice

He is trying to manipulate you emotionally and you would be wise to not to take him back. He put you through a lot by lying so much and cannot be trusted.
Reply 7
:facepalm2:

Good god.... what did I just read? I honestly worry about the future of humanity if there are people out there like the OP.
Reply 8
What do you mean?
Original post by jay2013

Good god.... what did I just read? I honestly worry about the future of humanity if there are people out there like the OP.
Reply 9
Original post by jay2013

How do you mean? She is just asking for a bit of insight into her situation. What's wrong with that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending