The Student Room Group

Dating a year 9

Is a year 12 dating a year 9 or 10 weird? Genuinely asking for a friend. bit nonce-y? :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Year 10, no, Year 9 maybe. Isn't she or he or it about 14-15 at that age?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Qup
Yea 10, no, Year 9 maybe. Isn't she or he or it about 14-15 at that age?

13 to 14 and to answer the question, Hell yeah it’s weird
Really weird...
isnt that what people call, Pedophilia?
Original post by LaraMari16
Is a year 12 dating a year 9 or 10 weird? Genuinely asking for a friend.
Reply 5
Yeah. The age difference at that stage is too big really. Later in life it's not such a big deal, but at this point they're a couple of years at most off it being illegal (grooming a minor could be easily argued even with no physical contact). It's also just a pretty significant time in terms of growing up, what important things in life are etc so it's not a terribly compatible relationship even without all the legal stuff. There would also be a fair amount of judgement from other people.
Only way I could see it not being weird is of they know each other from outside of school and one of them was held back so they are the same age despite not being in the same year.
Reply 6
That's a 16-17 year old dating a 13-14 year old?

Yeah, that's very weird.

While a two year age gap may not seem that big and in the adult world wouldn't be abnormal at all, at that age, a Year 9 would be much less emotionally developed than a Year 12 and it wouldn't be healthy at all.

It will definitely cause people to think you're weird as well.
Original post by Professional G
13 to 14 and to answer the question, Hell yeah it’s weird

Oh, then it's worse than I first thought.

Hmm... Yeah, OP I would advise only dating people no more than two years younger than you. A year 9 with a year 12, just no man. Come on, don't be that thirsty.
A Year 9 shouldn't be ~dating~ anyone regardless
Very weird
Loooooooool you are not right in the head!
Sounds like a nonce to me.
Original post by laramari16
is a year 12 dating a year 9 or 10 weird? Genuinely asking for a friend. Bit nonce-y? :d

disgustang
Weird means "something supernatural; unearthly" or "very strange; bizarre". So, is it weird? Yes.

Whether we condone it would be a different Q. If this were the Q, then I personally think it depends.
Original post by Qup
Year 10, no, Year 9 maybe. Isn't she or he or it about 14-15 at that age?

If they're in year 12 they could be 17, so that's a 17 dating a 13 year old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending