pinkbacon1437
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’d like to study chem at uni so would taking physics A level (or just AS level) be beneficial in terms of understanding concepts?
sully909
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say yes. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I wish I had a better understanding of chemistry when I was at uni lol. Physics will help for sure
cath_slater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes definitely, you'd be surprised how much overlap there is (between Chem and Physics). I'm going to study chem at uni this year and its 100% helped my uni applications
(Original post by pinkbacon1437)
I’d like to study chem at uni so would taking physics A level (or just AS level) be beneficial in terms of understanding concepts?
pinkbacon1437
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by cath_slater)
Yes definitely, you'd be surprised how much overlap there is (between Chem and Physics). I'm going to study chem at uni this year and its 100% helped my uni applications
Thanks, in what way did it help with the applications if you don’t mind me asking
cath_slater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by pinkbacon1437)
Thanks, in what way did it help with the applications if you don’t mind me asking
Hi only just seen this. Some unis like to give unconditionals to people who do (chem, physics, maths, not sure about bio) because those subjects are highly desired. Having a level physics on ur uni application does look really good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads