CalypsoXenoo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Say if I’m put into foundation for maths (GCSE) and my teachers wont move me up to higher can I pay to sit the higher tier maths?
Keikei123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can demand to do higher because at the end of the day it’s your life. So you can demand it and get parents involved etc
Gent2324
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
only if they cancel your foundation one, since doing the higher paper privately would mean you have now missed your foundation paper and get 0.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by CalypsoXenoo)
Say if I’m put into foundation for maths (GCSE) and my teachers wont move me up to higher can I pay to sit the higher tier maths?
You could pay to take it privately in November if you did well in the summer exams.
Last edited by gdunne42; 7 months ago
8====D juice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i would like to genuinely apologise for what i had previously said. Having that being said i would like to request that you accept my apologies like tory lanes and ensure that i am not on my way to receiving an exponentially serious affecting ban.
(Original post by 8====D juice)
fack off you cun t you live in nersery
(Original post by CalypsoXenoo)
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's not possible to do both in the same exam season.
itsnonamelol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
only if they cancel your foundation one, since doing the higher paper privately would mean you have now missed your foundation paper and get 0.
so if i ask my skl to cancel my foundation paper coz i want to do higher privately is that possible and i wont get a zero?, sorry im stressing becuase i got moved down
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by itsnonamelol)
so if i ask my skl to cancel my foundation paper coz i want to do higher privately is that possible and i wont get a zero?, sorry im stressing becuase i got moved down
I presume you're not taking it before next Summer to the tier doesn't have to be finalised until the end of the Spring term. Forget about trying to take it privately. Work hard and get the grades to justify your school entering you for the Higher tier exams.
itsnonamelol
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
I presume you're not taking it before next Summer to the tier doesn't have to be finalised until the end of the Spring term. Forget about trying to take it privately. Work hard and get the grades to justify your school entering you for the Higher tier exams.
Okayy, thanks for replying
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by itsnonamelol)
yes thats possible
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes thats possible
No it isn't - Compost is an exams officer.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes thats possible
Lots of things are possible but it doesn't mean they're going to happen. If the school is convinced the OP's best option is to take Foundation tier then why would they agree to this? It isn't going to happen.
Gent2324
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
Lots of things are possible but it doesn't mean they're going to happen. If the school is convinced the OP's best option is to take Foundation tier then why would they agree to this? It isn't going to happen.
didnt say whether its going to happen, i said it was possible...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)