The Student Room Group

How do you structure your revision

I’m doing GCSEs and I’m not sure how to structure my revision, how do you make a good timetable and how many ours should I be revising?
ok , the first aim is to prioritise , you're going to need to plan more time on your core subjects and those you needo for A-levels. I personally attended every revision session going so that I knew even if I didn't get to revise a subject one week I kept it ticking over. have standing study sessions , me and a few friends set up a study group , we all went to our local library once a week and kept each other accountable , revise for in class assessments too! use your teachers as a good resource too, chuck all the past papers you can at them! mark schemes and examiner reports are also your best friend. If you're really struggling in one subject a tutor may also help as I had with maths. In short revision sessions will structure your revison more and buddy up with people so that you're kept accountable with revison try using methods such as the pomodoro method too to keep your focusGood luck :-)
Reply 2
watch this video for how to make a good revision planner:

https://youtu.be/b7o09a7t4RA
Reply 3
Original post by doodles365
ok , the first aim is to prioritise , you're going to need to plan more time on your core subjects and those you needo for A-levels. I personally attended every revision session going so that I knew even if I didn't get to revise a subject one week I kept it ticking over. have standing study sessions , me and a few friends set up a study group , we all went to our local library once a week and kept each other accountable , revise for in class assessments too! use your teachers as a good resource too, chuck all the past papers you can at them! mark schemes and examiner reports are also your best friend. If you're really struggling in one subject a tutor may also help as I had with maths. In short revision sessions will structure your revison more and buddy up with people so that you're kept accountable with revison try using methods such as the pomodoro method too to keep your focusGood luck :-)

Thankss
Reply 4
Original post by sotor
watch this video for how to make a good revision planner:

https://youtu.be/b7o09a7t4RA

Thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest