How do some people afford a Range Rover?

Watch
DillyDilly0121
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
When I drive past a Range Rover, particular the Evoque and Velar it’s usually a young, attractive woman about early 20’s. I wonder how they afford such an expensive car and high cost of insurance at that age? Did their wealthy parents help them to buy it? I drive a merc 2015 A class which the insurance is cheap and it’s quite affordable to run if you on minimum wage.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Shagging a footballer.
Student1191
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finance- don’t actually own it 😂
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student1191)
Finance- don’t actually own it 😂
Still about £800 a month or more on finance.

But yeah, Footballers WAG, Rich daddy's or genuinely successful. One of those 3.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe they work harder/earn more than the OP?, won't do you any good to be jealous of them or compare yourself to them, all number of ways they could have got it.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Besides working hard, probably a company car. Failing that it might of been a pool car, I drove a Range Rover at work but they weren’t mine.
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 1 year ago
CaitTheNerd
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Using some sort of currency, usually.
xDron3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
I drove a Range Rover at work
Any vacancies? Don't happen to need an IT manager do you? :laugh:
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well, it helps to have a rich daddy or older husband who treats you...

young female professionals who are in a position to afford a RR probably aren't going to be in a job that will leave them with the need/time/energy to drive around
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Daddys money
jameswhughes
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DillyDilly0121)
When I drive past a Range Rover, particular the Evoque and Velar it’s usually a young, attractive woman about early 20’s. I wonder how they afford such an expensive car and high cost of insurance at that age? Did their wealthy parents help them to buy it? I drive a merc 2015 A class which the insurance is cheap and it’s quite affordable to run if you on minimum wage.
Did you buy your Mercedes and pay for all the other associated costs of running a car (fuel, tax, insurance, parking) from your minimum wage job?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:iiam:

:auto:
:girl:

:iiam:
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xDron3)
Any vacancies? Don't happen to need an IT manager do you? :laugh:
Don’t work there anymore :laugh: I’ve been told my new company uses Audi’s :laugh: oh wow IT manager is a nice job.
scorpion95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have seen it to. It could be on finance, or they have a sugar daddy, gold digger, spoilt brat which rich daddy brought it for her. The other thing could be that they have a good paying job but I would suspect that it is on finance to be honest as depending on where they get the vehicle from finance can be cheaper if not brought from a Land Rover dealer or took out a loan which could have cheaper rates and payments that finance deals offer.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They nicked it.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most often than not, their dad's rich, it's their mom's car, it's their dad's car, it's her uncles car or maybe she's just with a very successful man.

Spoiler:
Show
Take the bait take the bait take the bait take the bait
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most likely they work full time as an oral hygienist
SerBronn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No-one's mentioned another strong possibility - it's the children's nanny.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DillyDilly0121)
Most of the Range Rover's I've seen have been driven by middle aged people. They're good cars.

If you see any young women driving one, it's entirely their business as to how they got to drive it. Chances are, there's as many different stories as to how they got to drive one as there are young women driving them. IE generalisations probably don't apply.

A 2015 Mercedes A class would be an extravagent purchase for me. It's all relative. Carry on enjoying yours.

I've been driving round in a 2003 Volvo S60 D5 which I've been very happy with.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you see the way they treat their cars... Probs finance.

See man driving a finance whip, think she's hard but ain't got ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (258)
33.81%
No (505)
66.19%

Watched Threads