270lfc
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Unpopular opinion: brexit is good and a 2nd referendum would be disastrous
Saarahrasheedd
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Well, where do I start?
First of all considering the Brexit Referendum in 2016 was unfair and didn’t follow election laws it int really worthy of being counted as a vote. Aswell as people being misinformed and unaware of what brexit was actually about or what it would mean for the UK, the leave campaign was found guilty of using data from Facebook to target people into subliminal advertising AND going over the budget and using taxpayers money to fund the campaign. Both of which are not allowed in elections. Just on that alone there should be a second referendum so that the British can now vote after seeing the whole process of trying to get a deal and realising it’s not all about immigration like Nigel Farah’s made it out to be.
I am not an anti-brexit extremist so I can understand why politicians want to leave but I honestly don’t think it’s for the better. We have the most say in EU decisions out of all the smaller countries part of the EU, and when we became a part of the EU we knew what we were getting ourselves into.
I don’t wish to bore you, but if you want to hear more about this I will gladly carry on.
harryg135
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Which part of it is good?

The fact we will struggle to trade frictionless with other countries? The fact we'll lose our freedom of movement access across the EU? Or perhaps the fact we'll get bullied by the US by having to drop high food standards which helps to make our food safer to eat and better for our health set by the EU simply to get a trade deal?

The only real bonus to Brexit is that the pockets of the rich Tories will be lined as they continue to dodge paying any tax! They want to leave the EU to avoid the new EU anti-tax avoidance legislation.
Your_gay
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hzz
270lfc
Rep:
We voted for brexit twice. Referendum and general election voting the tories.
harryg135
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 270lfc)
We voted for brexit twice. Referendum and general election voting the tories.
Who's we? 17.4 million people doesn't represent the entire population of the UK. It is not the will of the people.
As for the 2017 general election, the Conservative Party were voted in by 45.6% which means they are not the majority party.

In the first referendum the UK voted to remain in the EEC by a huge majority, it was definitely more than 51.8% in the 2016 EU Referendum. So I agree with leavers, we shouldn't honour a second referendum and should stick to the first one (the one that happened in 1975) because that would be more democratic apparently
270lfc
Rep:
Who did you vote for in the general election if you don't mind me asking
harryg135
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Who did you vote for in the general election if you don't mind me asking
I did not vote in the 2017 general election, I wasn't eligible to vote
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
270lfc
Rep:
(Original post by harryg135)
I did not vote in the 2017 general election, I wasn't eligible to vote
Fair play
270lfc
Rep:
(Original post by Tawheed)
😂🤣🤣
Saarahrasheedd
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
falsefalsefalse
(Original post by harryg135)
Which part of it is good?

The fact we will struggle to trade frictionless with other countries? The fact we'll lose our freedom of movement access across the EU? Or perhaps the fact we'll get bullied by the US by having to drop high food standards which helps to make our food safer to eat and better for our health set by the EU simply to get a trade deal?

The only real bonus to Brexit is that the pockets of the rich Tories will be lined as they continue to dodge paying any tax! They want to leave the EU to avoid the new EU anti-tax avoidance legislation.
I agree
Saarahrasheedd
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
He’s the best out the Tory lot to be honest. Rather not have British trump boris Johnson or homophobic JRM. Unfortunately I don’t think the UK would vote for him because of his Islamic background and Asian heritage
270lfc
Rep:
(Original post by Saarahrasheedd)
He’s the best out the Tory lot to be honest. Rather not have British trump boris Johnson or homophobic JRM. Unfortunately I don’t think the UK would vote for him because of his Islamic background and Asian heritage
True, Phillip Hammond is a legend also
K Russell
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Unpopular opinion: brexit is good and a 2nd referendum would be disastrous
Agreed
270lfc
Rep:
(Original post by K Russell)
Agreed
My guy 🙌🙌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?