Any girls doing computing

Watch
Khaldiyah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I am doing computing course and I am the only girl in my class 😅 I feel that I am the wrong course, is that course for girls or boys ?

I want to do it but I was shocked when I notice that I am the only girl 🙃 I did expect that really , so I need someone that I can work with (girl)

If anyone is doing computing first year this year can plz tell me so I can work with her for the next year.

I really need someone that I can work with so we can help each other.
Jamesshoreo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I'm not a girl doing computing but just thought I would let you know that I think more should be done to encourage girls/women into computing and ICT. My ICT class is all boys and sometimes I would really like a women's perspective. Best of luck with your studies!
Caitxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You aren’t alone, many girls including myself have done computing!
inara_30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I go to an all-girls grammar school and I do computer science for gcses. In my year there are two big classes with like 20 people in so sis don't worry girl. You should be proud because I'm proud of you.
TheUltimateHulk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m a boy - but in my class there is only 1 girl in my class of 11. I am year 11 tho but you shouldn’t worry. Because once you start showing off that you are the best boys will literally do your bidding.
1Person
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doing computing as a girl is almost as bad as doing computing as a boy... almost.
inara_30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, literally I'm like why the heck did I choose this daft subject?
Sorry for anyone who loves this subject - this is mine and everyone else in my year's opinion !!
(Original post by 1Person)
Doing computing as a girl is almost as bad as doing computing as a boy... almost.
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why does it matter that you're the only girl in your class? lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed