The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

European politics?

Poll

Kings, SOAS or Sussex?

Hi, I got accepted into Kings for a BA in European politics. I was wondering if anyone who’s studied it could give me some info and tell me what you liked/disliked, how many people were in your lectures, how much contact time you had etc. I’m not sure about studying this as I wanted to do politics and IR and I have offers from Sussex and SOAS to do that so I’m just really not sure. Kings has a better reputation but European politics seems a bit meh, I’m not sure a degree in it is worth my time or not. What do you think is better, soas or sussex for ir and politics or Kings for European politics? Appreciate any input, thanks! :smile:
Original post by catcasp
Hi, I got accepted into Kings for a BA in European politics. I was wondering if anyone who’s studied it could give me some info and tell me what you liked/disliked, how many people were in your lectures, how much contact time you had etc. I’m not sure about studying this as I wanted to do politics and IR and I have offers from Sussex and SOAS to do that so I’m just really not sure. Kings has a better reputation but European politics seems a bit meh, I’m not sure a degree in it is worth my time or not. What do you think is better, soas or sussex for ir and politics or Kings for European politics? Appreciate any input, thanks! :smile:

I also have an offer for European Politics and am still waiting to hear from SOAS re Politics and IR.

Living in London is not for everyone, particularly students, but if you are happy to do this I wouldn’t choose Sussex as it’s not as good as the other two.

King’s typically ranks quite a bit higher than SOAS. Beyond that, it depends on what really interests you: Europe (the power of the 19th century) or Asia (and possibly Africa?), which will dominate the 21st. I like the IR bit of the course at SOAS and have a real interest in S.E. Asia but I also enjoy 19th and 20th century European history, which seems to be well served at King’s.

Having applied for Politics and IR at all my other choices, ironically I think I’ll end up firming KCL after the Offer Holders’ Day.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest