Warwick or UCL for Investment banking Watch

lpari1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am looking to go to Warwick for Accounting & Finance or UCL for Engineering. After my degree i want to be in Investment banking and was wondering which of these degrees will look better to a bank as they are both target uni's
xtrembob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both are targets - think about costs/experience as they will drastically differ between both unis. Would you rather be in London (more expensive, dynamic, city campus, possible to get part time jobs in some small VC/PE/Corporate Finance firms, easier to network etc) or be on campus (more inclusive, cheaper life etc)? It will be 3 years of your life so you'd better be in a place/environment you enjoy than minimal differences for IB recruiting. Also if you were to be interested in consulting UCL places a bit (very slightly) better than Warwick for MBB.
rob1060
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Great question - I would say, marginally, that UCL is a better bet for IB
lpari1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
are accounting and finance on the same level as engineering when it comes to front office IB jobs?
(Original post by xtrembob)
Both are targets - think about costs/experience as they will drastically differ between both unis. Would you rather be in London (more expensive, dynamic, city campus, possible to get part time jobs in some small VC/PE/Corporate Finance firms, easier to network etc) or be on campus (more inclusive, cheaper life etc)? It will be 3 years of your life so you'd better be in a place/environment you enjoy than minimal differences for IB recruiting. Also if you were to be interested in consulting UCL places a bit (very slightly) better than Warwick for MBB.
xtrembob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Please read other threads/posts above - course doesn't matter.
(Original post by lpari1)
are accounting and finance on the same level as engineering when it comes to front office IB jobs?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You wont come out of either Uni with some sort of barcode on your forehead that guarantees you lifelong happiness and a well paid job.

That is up to YOU - good degree result, interesting CV that shows you did interesting things apart from study/placements whilst at Uni. And you can write a good application, and you interview well.

NO top University therefore is 'better' than another one for any subject or career.
You need to choose which Uni yourself - and stop relying on other people's tenuous 'better' ideas instead of making the decision yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (366)
37.39%
No - but I will (74)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (68)
6.95%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (471)
48.11%

Watched Threads