Ruthus422
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
This is the forum for LSE offer holders who have applied for an accommodation at The Garden Halls.

In this forum you will be able to have an idea of roughly (but not certain) the amount of people from LSE who will be at this intercollegiate hall.

You are not alone.

BTW- I accepted my offer for a room at Garden Halls.. #cantbloodywaittomoveoutnow
MV-S
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey ! I've confirmed my room at Garden Halls and have firmed my conditional offer for BA Anthropology and Law at LSE (I'm from Canada). I'm so happy to see someone else lol I've been hearing that the LSE population there is really small...
jcma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Any LSE Law student applying to stay at Garden Hall this year?

I'm sruggling between bankside and Garden. The facilities at Garden Hall look soooooo appealing as it has 4 tennis courts but I also don't want to miss out on the social life part of uni that Bankside Hall seems to offer
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
I don't really think anyone can miss out on social event unless they're lazy. Information is all you need- I'm good with getting info - I'll just past it down to the LSE peeps at garden halls - and we can find eachother and go out.

I was attracted to the beds at garden halls ahah- I thought the beds at LSE halls didn't look comfy enough. Sleep is key 😂 and I love my bed.
phoebetan00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey guys! Ive just gotten an offer for BSc environmental policy with econs and will be applying to garden halls for sure!
What course will yall be pursuing at LSE and which room type at gardens did you apply for?
jcma
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ah I see, you have a good point there. May I ask which type of room did you apply for? Did you sign up for the catering contract?
(Original post by Ruthus422)
I don't really think anyone can miss out on social event unless they're lazy. Information is all you need- I'm good with getting info - I'll just past it down to the LSE peeps at garden halls - and we can find eachother and go out.

I was attracted to the beds at garden halls ahah- I thought the beds at LSE halls didn't look comfy enough. Sleep is key 😂 and I love my bed.
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
(Original post by jcma)
Ah I see, you have a good point there. May I ask which type of room did you apply for? Did you sign up for the catering contract?
(Original post by jcma)
I applied for a single room.
I'm not sure about how you sign up for a catering contact? Maybe when I hear back from them with more information I'll find out.

Did u sign up for one?
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
(Original post by phoebetan00)
Hey guys! Ive just gotten an offer for BSc environmental policy with econs and will be applying to garden halls for sure!
What course will yall be pursuing at LSE and which room type at gardens did you apply for?
Got an offer for philosophy and economics - applied for a single bed. x
phoebetan00
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i've just firmed LSE and applied for accommodation! I made the SS room at Garden halls my first choice but i doubt that i will get it since there are limited rooms left. When did you guys apply for it?
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I’m a current first year living at another intercollegiate hall, it’s an interesting experience and having two catered meals per day is very nice (the LSE halls have only one) but it’s true that the LSE population of intercollegiate halls is very small, simply because of the relative sizes of the universities (mine is 85% UCL, 10% Kings, 5% everyone else).

Don’t let it put you off though! I’ve made some great friends from UCL and Kings and I’d say that the universities don’t really form cliques at all.
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
I feel the same - I don't think its a big deal if people you meet are not from LSE, I feel that most people will be in the same position and just want to make a friend regardless. Also you're not only going to make friends from the halls your in but from the uni it self.

We are going to have a lot of opportunities to make friends - we won't be lonely ☺
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
i've just firmed LSE and applied for accommodation! I made the SS room at Garden halls my first choice but i doubt that i will get it since there are limited rooms left. When did you guys apply for it?
I applied about 3 weeks ago or maybe two weeks ago - but I got my offer yesterday (28th March)
jcma
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks for the information guys. I just submitted my application for Garden Hall. Hope I can get it. 😁
phoebetan00
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i put garden halls as my first choice but i've been offered my third choice connaught hall instead. applied last friday
Ruthus422
Rep:
?
i put garden halls as my first choice but i've been offered my third choice connaught hall instead. applied last friday
aw 😖 Garden halls probably sold out
jcma
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
ah oh, sorry to hear that. would you mind me asking the room type that you applied to?
phoebetan00
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ruthus422)
aw 😖 Garden halls probably sold out
Yeah i think so super disappointing.
(Original post by jcma)
ah oh, sorry to hear that. would you mind me asking the room type that you applied to?
I applied to a single room with shared bathrooms (207pounds a week)
jcma
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I applied to the same room type. Guess I should be hoping for my second choice now 😪

I applied to a single room with shared bathrooms (207pounds a week)
phoebetan00
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by jcma)
I applied to the same room type. Guess I should be hoping for my second choice now 😪
What's your second choice btw? Connaught was my third.
jcma
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I put bankside single room (shared toilet) as my second choice. My remaining choices are from rosebery and international hall.

hope I can at least get bankside......
What's your second choice btw? Connaught was my third.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (33)
25%
No (99)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise