The Student Room Group

Are people from Eastern Europe accepted into Medicine?

Hello guys, I'm from Bulgaria and wondering whether I have a chance of getting into medicine in the UK without taking any A-levels. Are people from Eastern Europe accepted into medicine? If you are such a person, is the system in the UK very different from ours and is it difficult for you?
Original post by Bulgarian_girl
Hello guys, I'm from Bulgaria and wondering whether I have a chance of getting into medicine in the UK without taking any A-levels. Are people from Eastern Europe accepted into medicine? If you are such a person, is the system in the UK very different from ours and is it difficult for you?

As above - some medical schools (eg HYMS, Birmingham) don't accept Bulgarian qualifications while others do. For example, Liverpool state:

" Successfully complete the Diploma Za Sredno Obrazovaine with a minimum GPA of 5.5 with 6 in 3 specified subjects
which would include Biology and Chemistry. In addition minimum of 80% achieved in State Maturity Exams."

You will need to check each medical school individually - and then see what impact Brexit has, if it occurs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending