The Student Room Group

The Against Odds Quest for 4A*s

Hi!
I'm Oliver and I've decided to enter GYG mainly as a way of holding myself accountable to my work (and also as a way of guilting myself for not studying :K:).
I am currently in year 12 but my overall goal is to achieve 4 A*s in A-Level, hopefully to lead me onto my dream to study medicine at university.

My subjects are:
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Maths (this ones a bit weird because I am completely self taught in maths due to a timetabling screw up at my school /:smile:

So if anyone is interested these are my grades for GCSE:

Spoiler

In terms of work experience, volunteering etc for university, I already have lined up work experience in a genetic engineering lab, I am attending a neuroscience residential course (my wish is to pursue a neurological related medicinal career), this, alongside volunteering at local nursing homes and Mencap, I'm hoping will provide me with a general baseline of experience to work with. I am obviously always looking for opportunities to find experience so if anyone does have any suggestions that would be very much welcome.

I am totally unsure on what kind of stuff to write so I hope I haven't missed out anything too important.

Thanks for reading if you got this far! (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending