The Student Room Group

Student finance problems

Just a moan really, don't think there's much anyone at Student Finance can do....

I started my course in February, applied for everything, course funding (loan and grant) maintenance (loan and grant) beginning of January. I had a letter through the post saying it had been awarded but I still haven't had any of it and I don't think tuition fees have been paid either.

Constantly phoning, they say university haven't confirmed (uni say they have, and a lady from the university actually put me on hold on the phone so she could phone them and speak to them last week) then someones else says they have phoned, someone else says they haven't. Now they are saying that they have but something changed with the course, so needs a change of circumstances.

My mum is having to give me money to pay our rent (for the first time ever) because a bit of our rent was paid by housing, which of course because I have been awarded student finance, we don't get anymore because, the letter I sent to them that came from finance said it was scheduled for Feb.

I was told yesterday by one person that it could be up to another month before I get paid, but then spoke to someone else later on who said everything was fine and it should be in my account within 24 hours, and if it wasn't to phone them in the morning (it's not in my account) I feel like I'm nagging but I'm really not getting anywhere and we're really really struggling financially :frown:
Original post by AmyE
Just a moan really, don't think there's much anyone at Student Finance can do....

I started my course in February, applied for everything, course funding (loan and grant) maintenance (loan and grant) beginning of January. I had a letter through the post saying it had been awarded but I still haven't had any of it and I don't think tuition fees have been paid either.

Constantly phoning, they say university haven't confirmed (uni say they have, and a lady from the university actually put me on hold on the phone so she could phone them and speak to them last week) then someones else says they have phoned, someone else says they haven't. Now they are saying that they have but something changed with the course, so needs a change of circumstances.

My mum is having to give me money to pay our rent (for the first time ever) because a bit of our rent was paid by housing, which of course because I have been awarded student finance, we don't get anymore because, the letter I sent to them that came from finance said it was scheduled for Feb.

I was told yesterday by one person that it could be up to another month before I get paid, but then spoke to someone else later on who said everything was fine and it should be in my account within 24 hours, and if it wasn't to phone them in the morning (it's not in my account) I feel like I'm nagging but I'm really not getting anywhere and we're really really struggling financially :frown:

does your uni know that your tution is going to be paid late?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
does your uni know that your tution is going to be paid late?

I think so because I've been phoning them (feels like its constantly between them and student finance) also it does say on my OU profile that they have confirmed to Student Finance that I'm studying the module and that Student Finance will cover fees. Which is why I don't understand why Student Finance are saying they haven't had confirmation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending