The Student Room Group

Preparing for sex

I’m 18 year old virgin (female). I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about 1 month know and we’ve decided that we want to have sex.

Being really inexperience I was wondering how I can make this feel less awkward.

This is kind of embarrassing but do I just let him do all the work...

Any advice would be really helpful thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 18 year old virgin (female). I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about 1 month know and we’ve decided that we want to have sex.

Being really inexperience I was wondering how I can make this feel less awkward.

Yeah first time is always a tricky one since you have no experience! Let him do all the work and enjoy!
Reply 2
Don't take it too seriously. Sex is fun. Relax and enjoy it
It's easier in the front end.rather than the back.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there

Embrace the awkward! Sex is fun, a bit fumbly, a bit messy, a bit wobbly. Sometimes people bang heads, sometimes bodies makes weird noises, and sometimes people get the giggles. It's all part of the fun.

Before having penetrative sex, I would suggest talking to a doctor or nurse about a method of contraception. Some of the most effective types of contraception are Long-acting reversible contraception. They're pretty great as you don't have to remember to take anything or use something every time. There have been a few threads in this forum from people who have had sex, used a condom but are super worried that they are pregnant and start to panic. You can save yourself a lot of worry by finding a reliable method of contraception that suits you.

Sometimes females arrive at partnered sex before they get into masturbation, which means they don't really know what they like yet so end up having sex that they don't really enjoy. If you don't masturbate already, that could be something to explore too. It will help you find out what you like.

Before penetrative sex, it's a good idea that your boyfriend focuses on your pleasure with hands or oral. The more turned on you are the less likely it will be to be uncomfortable. It can also be a good idea to use lube. We wrote a post about lube on our Instagram, which you might find handy.

Here's a handy article from Durex about sex positions for the first time. It might be useful.

Have fun!

Daisy

Quick Reply

Latest