Brunei to introduce stoning for adultery and gay sex Watch

This discussion is closed.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Apparently Allah spoke to the Sultan. As a result, Brunei has introduced a range of extremely tough punishments over the past few years for what most of us would not even consider crimes. Now they've announced they'll introduce stoning to death for Muslims who engage in adultery or gay sex.

Barbarism at its finest.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/27/a...ntl/index.html
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh Christ.
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What is our world coming to?

Thank goodness we live in the UK - the UK LGBT community should count their blessings.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is their country therefore their choice. Why are you crying about it? Does it offend u? As a British person I know that he shouldn't butt into other nations but rather give our own opinions so u should just advise them it's wrong but u shouldn't make war not peace
CoolCavy
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Disgusting and upsetting how our community is treated globally
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
It is their country therefore their choice. Why are you crying about it? Does it offend u? As a British person I know that he shouldn't butt into other nations but rather give our own opinions so u should just advise them it's wrong but u shouldn't make war not peace
Would you say the same about what the Nazi's did?
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Because executing someone who engages in consensual sex with another adult is morally abhorrent regardless of which country it occurs in.
Last edited by Trotsky's Iceaxe; 3 weeks ago
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who’s been butting in?
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I llove being stoned, I am now.
DrawTheLine
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel so sorry for the citizens of that country, what a horrible thing to do
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I thought his son Prince Azim leaned that way.
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Me
(Original post by Andrew97)
Who’s been butting in?
But how do they know who's doing it
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
Because executing someone who engages in consensual sex with another adult is morally abhorrent regardless of which country it occurs in.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow
Joe2001
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Me
??
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Clearly this isn't the same because adultery doesn't have an orientation and its morally wrong and gay sex can be done in privacy unless people do it whilst exposing themselves to the public

Me

? I think you’ll find if anybody engaged in a sexual act in public in the U.K they’d find themselves in handcuffs very quickly (and not for the kinky reasons) and adultery should in no way be illegal.
Djtoodles
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
So they have gay sex in private, someone finds out and they get killed. This seems fair to you does it?

Adultery while morally suspect is grounds for death is it?

By that logic i suppose you would have been ok with the holocaust and slavery as well? I mean it is their country after all.

Lets for a second assume that we pass a law saying that something you do is punishable by death, would you want the rest of the world to think "oh well their country, TheYearNiner will just have to die or flee the country i guess and i'm ok with that because its their country"

Idiot
Clearly this isn't the same because adultery doesn't have an orientation and its morally wrong and gay sex can be done in privacy unless people do it whilst exposing themselves to the public

Me

Last edited by Djtoodles; 3 weeks ago
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ever heard of human rights?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Adultery as in sex before marriage, not just cheating?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
perfect.
Trolling?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are so dumb, lmao.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (223)
39.12%
No - but I will (40)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (39)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (268)
47.02%

Watched Threads