The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ascend
What do you think stoning is?

by torture, I'm talking about trying to cause the most pain for as long as possible. stoning doesn't do that
Original post by Djtoodles
Oh right, i see you're another religious fruit cake who cant think for himself.

If youre gonna believe in myth you could have chosen a cool faith like Hellenistic or the ancient Egyptian Gods.

* "herself"
Reply 42
Original post by Leviathan1611
by torture, I'm talking about trying to cause the most pain for as long as possible. stoning doesn't do that

How piously merciful of you.
Original post by Andrew97
Whoever wrote the bible commanded it. Fictional things don’t tend to command anything.

that whoever is God. 🙂
So tell me what evidence do you have for "god" or even better what evidence you have that your god is the right one.

Also tell me how many homosexuals have you personally killed?
that whoever is God. 🙂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 45
Isn't this the same god that is supposed to be all-loving and forgiving no matter what sin you commit?
that whoever is God. 🙂
Depends which parts of the book you want to cherry pick to follow lol.
Original post by idek423
Isn't this the same god that is supposed to be all-loving and forgiving no matter what sin you commit?
Original post by TheYearNiner
It is their country therefore their choice. Why are you crying about it? Does it offend u? As a British person I know that he shouldn't butt into other nations but rather give our own opinions so u should just advise them it's wrong but u shouldn't make war not peace

I have an opinion about it, because I have empathy, I put myself in the shoes of those people and the way they have to live unreservedly sickens me.
Original post by TheYearNiner
Clearly this isn't the same because adultery doesn't have an orientation and its morally wrong and gay sex can be done in privacy unless people do it whilst exposing themselves to the public

Me

But how do they know who's doing it

To be stoned requires 4 "trustful" witnesses, it has nothing to do with whether it's done in private or not. The law also stated "homosexual" acts. Who decides what that is ?

There is overwhelming evidence that homosexuality is caused by biological factors, so it's natural, so why should there be laws against it? Doesnt matter what the laws are, gay people exist.
Reply 48
TBH there are many contradictions within the Bible.
Depends which parts of the book you want to cherry pick to follow lol.
So tell me what evidence do you have for "god" or even better what evidence you have that your god is the right one.

Also tell me how many homosexuals have you personally killed?

why do you ask for evidence? every creature knows God exists, He has made himself known and it is clearly seen. those to claim otherwise hold the truth in unrighteousness.

zero
Reply 50
Also, if we are made in God's image, isn't it sinful to stone gay people as you are destroying God's creation?
You could have just said "none i dont need evidence to follow something blindly" i didnt need the rhetoric.

Why have you not killed any?
why do you ask for evidence? every creature knows God exists, He has made himself known and it is clearly seen. those to claim otherwise hold the truth in unrighteousness.

zero
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Apparently Allah spoke to the Sultan. As a result, Brunei has introduced a range of extremely tough punishments over the past few years for what most of us would not even consider crimes. Now they've announced they'll introduce stoning to death for Muslims who engage in adultery or gay sex.

Barbarism at its finest.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/27/asia/brunei-anti-lgbt-stoning-law-intl/index.html

I'm sure the Quran doesn't say kill gays I'm sure it says that's it's a sin being gay
Original post by idek423

before I answer that, please clarify, what do you mean by "all loving"?

God will forgive any sin except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost. all one must do is believe on his Son Jesus Christ to save them and not at all trust in their own good deeds to get them to heaven.
however we're not talking about the eternal destination of souls, just whether a person shall live physically on earth anymore or not.
depends on how/where the stones are being thrown, Goliath went down from just one stone to the head
why do you ask for evidence? every creature knows God exists, He has made himself known and it is clearly seen.

Wrong.

Exactly what do you mean by 'clearly'? Once to superstitious, uneducated and gullible people?
Didnt get wat that meant
Original post by Big kaks og
I'm sure the Quran doesn't say kill gays I'm sure it says that's it's a sin being gay
it's the government's responsibility, not mine

The U.K government isn’t going to start stoning homosexual people to death.
Original post by RogerOxon
Wrong.

Exactly what do you mean by 'clearly'? Once to superstitious, uneducated and gullible people?

you're wrong, let God be true but every man a liar.
Ooh I disagree, i don't think God would like you shirking your responsibility like this. By not acting you are condoning. You have clear instruction on what should be done, i think its time you do your duty.
it's the government's responsibility, not mine

Latest

Trending

Trending