Medicine 2019 Waiting List Watch

BabiahMed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just starting a thread for all those who were unable to secure a place and are now on waitlist for Medicine Entry 2019
Last edited by BabiahMed; 1 month ago
BabiahMed
Rep:
?
I am on wait list for

University of Edinburgh
University of Aberdeen
FingersXed84
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Sarah,

Im on the waiting list for Aberdeen. Getting on two lists surely means you’ll get one. You must be so close!
(Original post by sarah894)
I am on wait list for

University of Edinburgh
University of Aberdeen
Relentas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good thread idea.

Waiting list for:
University of Aberdeen

They say on their website that they sometimes SJT scores to rank applicants that are close, I imagine that my B3 wont help me get in :/

Here's my stats
Highers: AAAAB
Adv Predicted: AAB
^I'm hoping Ill get AAA at AH for next year though.

UKCAT: 697.5 + SJT Band 3
Last edited by Relentas; 1 month ago
nelia82
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
I have just received a rejection and I have been put on the waiting list too for Aberdeen
sfaraj
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
seems like everyone was rejected, well here i am
M_a59
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So I am a graduate, what do I do now cause I've already got my results. I think I'll give them a ring.
Dreamdoc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rejected from Aberdeen. On wait list 🤞
Waitlisted for Kings. Not a good day 🙁
Last edited by Dreamdoc; 1 month ago
'Asian lad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm so confused with my whole application process. Eventhough I'm a graduate. I'm classified as RUK. and to be honest My UKCat is as low as it can get 625.
Looking at everyone else who has applied with similar degree and better ukcat(RUK). I shouldn't even get a interview.
This just made me wonder. Was I invited so the university can met their ethics minority quota ?!
Being a uk graduate and placed on waiting list is pretty much a rejection. Ain't no graduates gonna turn down a offer. Looking at last year statistics. 100+ offer for graduates and only 60 intakes. You probably have to be the top 3 waiting list to get a offer. 😂
JSF29
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On Aberdeen waiting list.

I met a 4th year student last week. She was a waiting list person. Think she heard late April/early May.
BabiahMed
Rep:
?
Thanks! Does anyone know if we would be told what number are we on the waiting list?
And does anyone know historically how many people have been able to get an offer through waiting list in the last few years?
JSF29
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not unless there is a FOI on it. Hasn’t come up in any searches so far.
Relentas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BabiahMed)
Thanks! Does anyone know if we would be told what number are we on the waiting list?
And does anyone know historically how many people have been able to get an offer through waiting list in the last few years?
I've only heard of a few stories about people getting in after being on the waiting list, it's highly unlikely at this point but still possible. I imagine all applicants are positioned on the waiting depending on their overall score, and if any potential offers come through then those at the top will get them. Also if the scores are extremely close then SJT scores will be used to decide at that point.
BabiahMed
Rep:
?
How about requesting information under FOI for the past years waiting lists? Everyone here can send their own request so we may be able to get a good picture before the end of April as they have 20 business days to respond to such requests.
BabiahMed
Rep:
?
Thank you. Its important to know what is ones position on the waiting list in order to have a better insight.
(Original post by Relentas)
I've only heard of a few stories about people getting in after being on the waiting list, it's highly unlikely at this point but still possible. I imagine all applicants are positioned on the waiting depending on their overall score, and if any potential offers come through then those at the top will get them. Also if the scores are extremely close then SJT scores will be used to decide at that point.
JSF29
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I am on for it.
Francesco8801
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got rejected from Aberdeen and put on the waiting list
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mcgee5608
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On Edinburgh and Aberdeen’s waiting list. Quick question though- if I firm my non medical choice do you think this will lessen my chances of getting a place for medicine? *still need to make this choice before I’m officially on Edinburgh’s waiting list right enough x
Last edited by mcgee5608; 1 month ago
Dreamdoc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know but on the Kings waitlist email it says that once we firm another offer we can no longer be considered! But I guess in Kings case in order to firm another offer you must withdraw from Kings as they have not officially replied to a waitlist applicant. Sorry I can’t be of more help
(Original post by mcgee5608)
On Edinburgh and Aberdeen’s waiting list. Quick question though- if I firm my non medical choice do you think this will lessen my chances of getting a place for medicine? *still need to make this choice before I’m officially on Edinburgh’s waiting list right enough x
Phd77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, for Edinburgh they said as long as it’s not an offer for medicine you can be added to their list so I firmed my back up course & they’ve confirmed I am now on the wait list
(Original post by mcgee5608)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?