The Student Room Group

Medicine 2019 Waiting List

Just starting a thread for all those who were unable to secure a place and are now on waitlist for Medicine Entry 2019
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am on wait list for

University of Edinburgh
University of Aberdeen
Hey Sarah,

Im on the waiting list for Aberdeen. Getting on two lists surely means you’ll get one. You must be so close!
Original post by sarah894
I am on wait list for

University of Edinburgh
University of Aberdeen
Reply 3
Hi
I have just received a rejection and I have been put on the waiting list too for Aberdeen
seems like everyone was rejected, well here i am :frown:
Reply 5
So I am a graduate, what do I do now cause I've already got my results. I think I'll give them a ring.
Reply 6
Rejected from Aberdeen. On wait list 🤞
Waitlisted for Kings. Not a good day 🙁
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm so confused with my whole application process. Eventhough I'm a graduate. I'm classified as RUK. and to be honest My UKCat is as low as it can get 625.
Looking at everyone else who has applied with similar degree and better ukcat(RUK). I shouldn't even get a interview.
This just made me wonder. Was I invited so the university can met their ethics minority quota ?!
Being a uk graduate and placed on waiting list is pretty much a rejection. Ain't no graduates gonna turn down a offer. Looking at last year statistics. 100+ offer for graduates and only 60 intakes. You probably have to be the top 3 waiting list to get a offer. 😂
Reply 8
On Aberdeen waiting list.

I met a 4th year student last week. She was a waiting list person. Think she heard late April/early May.
Reply 9
Thanks! Does anyone know if we would be told what number are we on the waiting list?
And does anyone know historically how many people have been able to get an offer through waiting list in the last few years?
Reply 10
Not unless there is a FOI on it. Hasn’t come up in any searches so far.
Reply 11
How about requesting information under FOI for the past years waiting lists? Everyone here can send their own request so we may be able to get a good picture before the end of April as they have 20 business days to respond to such requests.
Reply 12
Thank you. Its important to know what is ones position on the waiting list in order to have a better insight.
Reply 13
Yes, I am on for it.
Got rejected from Aberdeen and put on the waiting list
On Edinburgh and Aberdeen’s waiting list. Quick question though- if I firm my non medical choice do you think this will lessen my chances of getting a place for medicine? *still need to make this choice before I’m officially on Edinburgh’s waiting list right enough x
(edited 4 years ago)
I don’t know but on the Kings waitlist email it says that once we firm another offer we can no longer be considered! But I guess in Kings case in order to firm another offer you must withdraw from Kings as they have not officially replied to a waitlist applicant. Sorry I can’t be of more help
Original post by mcgee5608
On Edinburgh and Aberdeen’s waiting list. Quick question though- if I firm my non medical choice do you think this will lessen my chances of getting a place for medicine? *still need to make this choice before I’m officially on Edinburgh’s waiting list right enough x
Reply 17
No, for Edinburgh they said as long as it’s not an offer for medicine you can be added to their list so I firmed my back up course & they’ve confirmed I am now on the wait list
Original post by mcgee5608
Reply 18
Great! Did they also inform you of your position on the waitlist? Did you get an email confirmation from Edinburgh that you've been placed on the wait list?
Original post by Phd77
No, for Edinburgh they said as long as it’s not an offer for medicine you can be added to their list so I firmed my back up course & they’ve confirmed I am now on the wait list
Southampton waiting list but got other offers so it’s gucci

Quick Reply