Medicine 2019 Waiting List Watch

_aries
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Maggie.houston)
I’m on the waitlist for queens Belfast too!! When was your interview?
Oh dang nice! Mine was in January. Do you know what rank you got for interview? And are you home/int?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Maggie.houston
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _aries)
Oh dang nice! Mine was in January. Do you know what rank you got for interview? And are you home/int?
No I’ve asked them for feedback but they said it would take up to 10 days ): and I’m from Scotland so I guess that’s rest of UK? Where are you from? My interview was the 13th of January
JSF29
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I asked Glasgow for interview feedback and they sent me a generic reply stating they were unable to give a detailed response due to the large volume of requests and highlighted it was only the performance at interview that was relied on and in particular the 2x2 interviewers.

Whilst understandable, it would have been of immense benefit for me personally to know where the areas were that I could improve on rather than have to guess.
_aries
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Maggie.houston)
No I’ve asked them for feedback but they said it would take up to 10 days ): and I’m from Scotland so I guess that’s rest of UK? Where are you from? My interview was the 13th of January
Ooh, yep they do take some time haha. Nice! I’m from Singapore Yeah it’s pretty stressful times, let’s hope a miracle happens by September ^^
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3889426
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Lol. I have been rejected after 7 interviews. I have bsc genetics (2.1) MSc biotech (distinction), published, and everything else. My ukcat was 755 band 1. And I have no offers
lionkai10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Are you RUK?
(Original post by Stephanie02)
I got 600 Band 1 so yours wasn’t the lowest
Also if you check their stats the lowest UKCAT score to receive an offer for 2018 was 2380 so that’s lower than ours in any case
Last edited by lionkai10; 3 months ago
lionkai10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Was you predicted or achieved a first class?
(Original post by 'Asian lad)
I'm so confused with my whole application process. Eventhough I'm a graduate. I'm classified as RUK. and to be honest My UKCat is as low as it can get 625.
Looking at everyone else who has applied with similar degree and better ukcat(RUK). I shouldn't even get a interview.
This just made me wonder. Was I invited so the university can met their ethics minority quota ?!
Being a uk graduate and placed on waiting list is pretty much a rejection. Ain't no graduates gonna turn down a offer. Looking at last year statistics. 100+ offer for graduates and only 60 intakes. You probably have to be the top 3 waiting list to get a offer. 😂
JSF29
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
After interview, when deciding to make an offer, some Unis don’t take any notice of UKCATs and academics, purely interview performance, and some do, one of the Scottish ones makes offers on a points system, up to 85 marks for academics, up to 60 for UKCAT and MMIs x 7 stations at max 21 points each, giving a total of 147 and a grand total of 292. So it follows that of your UKCAT is low, then you have to ace your MMIs or fall by the wayside.
'Asian lad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
achieved
(Original post by lionkai10)
Was you predicted or achieved a first class?
username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anyone know if everyone who was rejected from Aberdeen is placed on a waiting list or if it's only the people who were borderline on being accepted?
Dreamdoc
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Everyone rejected is on waiting list.
(Original post by Relentas)
Anyone know if everyone who was rejected from Aberdeen is placed on a waiting list or if it's only the people who were borderline on being accepted?
FingersXed84
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I do think it’s silly to have everyone on the waiting list. It gives us false hope. I’d rather know if I had a shot or not.
(Original post by Dreamdoc)
Everyone rejected is on waiting list.
JayJ2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BabiahMed)
Just starting a thread for all those who were unable to secure a place and are now on waitlist for Medicine Entry 2019
And this is why I applied to average-upper average universities for a course that isn't that hard to get into.
sfaraj
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by JayJ2001)
And this is why I applied to average-upper average universities for a course that isn't that hard to get into.
where did you apply then?
Dreamdoc
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Agreed. The waiting is awful but the deadline is fast approaching so we’ll know soon enough. 🤞
(Original post by FingersXed84)
I do think it’s silly to have everyone on the waiting list. It gives us false hope. I’d rather know if I had a shot or not.
blackasain
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Has anyone contacted the admissions staff for information for waitlist ?
username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by blackasain)
Has anyone contacted the admissions staff for information for waitlist ?
Yup, I think we're waiting on Aberdeen still though.
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by BabiahMed)
I sent an FOI to University of Edinburgh regarding the wait list and got the following reply. I am attaching my questions and their response
I know this is the medicine forum but I'm on the wait list for the Royal (****) School of Veterinary Studies at Edinburgh and I was wondering if you would be able to attach a picture of the email you sent and the email address you sent it to? I have already asked a couple of questions to the admissions staff about the wait list this year but I think an FOI would be something I'd be interested in requesting, thanks.
GANFYD
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by OrangeArcher)
I know this is the medicine forum but I'm on the wait list for the Royal (****) School of Veterinary Studies at Edinburgh and I was wondering if you would be able to attach a picture of the email you sent and the email address you sent it to? I have already asked a couple of questions to the admissions staff about the wait list this year but I think an FOI would be something I'd be interested in requesting, thanks.
This is the easiest way:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/
OrangeArcher
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
This is the easiest way:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.8%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (77)
8.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (534)
59.4%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.24%

Watched Threads