My gender Watch

takitaki521
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am a girl. However, I've always felt like a boy ever since I was young I acted and felt like one. Society of course doesn't always approve of that (A girl acting like a boy and vice versa). I got scolded many times during my childhood "what are you, a boy?" "Stop acting that way only boys act that way" Strangely, those words always hurt me a lot. Was it because its disrespectful? or is it because it was the truth I couldn't change? I get angry easily and quickly develop a temper. I know this could be traced to anger issues but I think it's different. I blow out aggressively as any boy could. I don't know if this is related but when I was young, when a boy called me stupid it wouldn't hurt my feelings. However when any girl friend of mine did and we would be good friends, I'd get so mad thinking it's off limits and degrading to my dignity. I've never been comfortable in my own skin. I tried so hard to embrace my femininity and gender, I even became fond of dresses and I like to dress up nicely, but then who doesn't like to look good? Even guys do. When my friends are having problems and issues with their guys and fill me in, I tell them why they said or did what they have as if I'm inside their head, like I'm thinking just like one of them, and they'd always come back to me saying that that's exactly what they told them. I had very few crushes on guys when I was young, but when I grew up I started catching myself fantasizing about my bestfriend more than once and I even started thinking a lot about her. I also like things that guys are into; wrestling, sports, racing and I have a guy-ish sense of humor. I cannot stand most girls and I get along with very few of them. Whenever I'm at a girls gathering I feel like I don't belong. Thing is I'm always fighting with my friends and seem to keep losing them one after the other because we just don't think the same way which lead me to try to get to the bottom of this. Also, even though I've always thought about this, I never really wanted to face it because I come from a conservative Muslim family and I'm the only girl in the family. If what I'm thinking is true it would be a catastrophe. Sometimes I feel I can't stand it anymore I don't know what to do. What do you guys think? Am I transgender? What should I do?
Lilli22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I understand that gender is a social construct but what I don't understand is that sometimes the same people claim this and then sort themselves in a binary way? I don't see the point in that. I know it's not relevant to your own question but it's relevant to the topic.

This aside, idk, you can be what you want. You don't have to call yourself anything. Just be you and don't feel pressured by all the confusion of what's going on in society. If you want to like girls, like girls; if you want to act like a guy, act like a guy.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
You are not transgender, you were born female and you are a girl. The way you act or the group you believe to fit in with does not change your sex, it is likely other things that are affecting your friendships. People under the age of 20 do not have fully developed brains, nor do they have enough life experience, to decide to change the sex given to them by nature. Since transgenderism is primarily due to epigenetic damage and/or poor upbringing, it should be treated as an illness, not glorified. People should be provided with treatment that helps them to feel comfortable with their true sex.

If XY males undergo hormone therapy and further procedures during transition, their epigenome will be altered and a liability to their offspring. If XX females decide to undergo hormone therapy and procedures in the opposite direction, their epigenome will also become a liability. If you undergo intensive, chronic hormone therapy, that promotes characteristics and development that opposes the allosomes you were born with, then it would be irresponsible to reproduce.

TlDr: Don't transition, solve the problem rather than embracing it. If you do decide to transition, do not reproduce, for the sake of mankind.
takitaki521
Rep:
?
thanks for the reply. I keep telling myself that but it's not so easy. I "have to act like a girl" especially that I'm at a marriage age. I also feel pressured when guys ask me for girl tips because I honestly feel like I know nothing about them. The only thing I know that they should be careful not to hurt their feelings..
(Original post by Lilligant22)
I understand that gender is a social construct but what I don't understand is that sometimes the same people claim this and then sort themselves in a binary way? I don't see the point in that. I know it's not relevant to your own question but it's relevant to the topic.

This aside, idk, you can be what you want. You don't have to call yourself anything. Just be you and don't feel pressured by all the confusion of what's going on in society. If you want to like girls, like girls; if you want to act like a guy, act like a guy.
takitaki521
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You are not transgender, you were born female and you are a girl. The way you act or the group you believe to fit in with does not change your sex, it is likely other things that are affecting your friendships. People under the age of 20 do not have fully developed brains, nor do they have enough life experience, to decide to change the sex given to them by nature. Since transgenderism is primarily due to epigenetic damage and/or poor upbringing, it should be treated as an illness, not glorified. People should be provided with treatment that helps them to feel comfortable with their true sex.

If XY males undergo hormone therapy and further procedures during transition, their epigenome will be altered and a liability to their offspring. If XX females decide to undergo hormone therapy and procedures in the opposite direction, their epigenome will also become a liability. If you undergo intensive, chronic hormone therapy, that promotes characteristics and development that opposes the allosomes you were born with, then it would be irresponsible to reproduce.

TlDr: Don't transition, solve the problem rather than embracing it. If you do decide to transition, do not reproduce, for the sake of mankind.
Thanks a lot, I'm actually happy with your answer because I don't want to transition. I was hoping there is a solution to this problem. Hope I can treat it soon. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.54%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.54%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.62%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.31%

Watched Threads