The Student Room Group

Nothing works on my Eczema, any recommendations?

Ive been suffering from eczema since 2015 and nothing is working except for Topical Steroids or Corticosteroids ointments. (foskina B / bactreat B) these are the ones available here in the Philippines and both have steroids. Ive tried different lotions from healthy options but it didn't work. I even changed my diet and ditch my fabric softener and stick to just the regular no scent laundry soap. Even if i use corticosteroids, yes the affected area will improve but after a week or two, it keeps on coming back. It's not worse than you think, I mean it already improved compared to before. But still, it never stops, and always very itchy. I have on my fingers, elbows, arms, underarms, lower back, on my side (obliques area), hips and ankles. Any recommendations? Help please :smile:
try using any good anti bacterial product
I get hydrocortisone from the doctor. You might want to visit your doctor again if nothing is working. I'd recommend getting out in the sun when it's out, especially in the summer, it makes a big difference, for me anyway.
Original post by sneakyserna
Ive been suffering from eczema since 2015 and nothing is working except for Topical Steroids or Corticosteroids ointments. (foskina B / bactreat B) these are the ones available here in the Philippines and both have steroids. Ive tried different lotions from healthy options but it didn't work. I even changed my diet and ditch my fabric softener and stick to just the regular no scent laundry soap. Even if i use corticosteroids, yes the affected area will improve but after a week or two, it keeps on coming back. It's not worse than you think, I mean it already improved compared to before. But still, it never stops, and always very itchy. I have on my fingers, elbows, arms, underarms, lower back, on my side (obliques area), hips and ankles. Any recommendations? Help please :smile:
I have eczema too and haven’t had much luck with creams. Are you stressed because that can cause it? Now I’m older I don’t suffer with it very often but it’s just come back as I’m stressed with A levels lol. Try to do some self care and relax if it might be linked to stress!
Agree. The sun works won on eczema Remember sunscreen though
Original post by -Eirlys-
I get hydrocortisone from the doctor. You might want to visit your doctor again if nothing is working. I'd recommend getting out in the sun when it's out, especially in the summer, it makes a big difference, for me anyway.
Just don't put it onto eczema, it should be fully exposed to UV rays and sunscreen may irritate it. After visiting Spain and being in the constant sun, my eczema disappeared on its own for years. Only recently have I had small flare ups and some cream makes it go away.
Original post by Sammylou40
Agree. The sun works won on eczema Remember sunscreen though
exactly same for my son.
If getting abroad or into decent sun isn’t possible then my son has a couple of sessions on a sunbed but it’s with his GPs blessing. If you’re going to do that then it’s important to check first
Original post by -Eirlys-
Just don't put it onto eczema, it should be fully exposed to UV rays and sunscreen may irritate it. After visiting Spain and being in the constant sun, my eczema disappeared on its own for years. Only recently have I had small flare ups and some cream makes it go away.
are you fat?
Original post by sneakyserna
I used to have really bad eczema. A year ago, I found out that I am lactose intolerant! I've given up dairy products and my eczema has improved. I find that washing up liquid, citrus fruits and raw chicken irritates the eczema on my hands so I wear gloves. I found that drinking a lot of water has helped me- there's a website which calculates how much you need to drink based on your height, weight etc. I found that wearing some fabrics really irritate my skin if I get hot so I make sure that the tops I wear are cotton/viscose. Also, I make sure that when I'm having a shower that water isn't too hot as this can really irritate eczema. There are shower head filters that removes chlorine in the water which can reduce eczema but I would do some research on this one.
I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest