The Student Room Group

Wanting clear skin

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use on my skin I’ve tried all sorts of things from supermarkets but they just don’t seem to work I’ve also got sensitive skin.

Scroll to see replies

First of all, I would see your GP and see if they can prescribe you anything. I have mild acne, so they prescribed me some zineryt lotion, which works great.

I may also suggest looking into retinol products, which over time help to clear the skin. Maybe start with The Ordinary's granactive retinoid 2% in squalene, as this causes much lower irritation than a typical retinol serum. I also implore you to wear an spf every day.
Original post by Secret16
Does anyone have any suggestions on what to use on my skin I’ve tried all sorts of things from supermarkets but they just don’t seem to work I’ve also got sensitive skin.

Have you been to The Body Shop? The staff there are really good and knowledgeable. I went there for oily skin and the things they recommended have done a fab job. Also, I went in October and am only now beginning to run out of the products, so they last a while too.
Reply 3
I’ve already been to the doctors and they gave me some lotion however my skin is already pretty oily on its own so it wasn’t very uselful.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Have you been to The Body Shop? The staff there are really good and knowledgeable. I went there for oily skin and the things they recommended have done a fab job. Also, I went in October and am only now beginning to run out of the products,

I second this! The Body Shop has some amazing stuff :yep:
consistent skin routine that works for your skin. I use face wash and then moisturise every night and it works for me. you may have to do it twice a day once in the morning and once in the evening. keep the same routine for at least two weeks and see how it goes
I used calamine lotion once in a while. It gets rid of pimples and acne pretty well. Wear it overnight for a few nights in a row to see a difference, but if you’re looking for mild treatment, just use a cotton bud/wool piece and cover the areas you need to clear :biggrin:
Original post by RazzzBerries
I used calamine lotion once in a while. It gets rid of pimples and acne pretty well. Wear it overnight for a few nights in a row to see a difference, but if you’re looking for mild treatment, just use a cotton bud/wool piece and cover the areas you need to clear :biggrin:

do you know anything for discolouration
Apart from the stuff you put on your skin, make sure to drink enough water!

Have at least 3L everyday.

:goodluck:
Original post by batter mix
Apart from the stuff you put on your skin, make sure to drink enough water!

Have at least 3L everyday.

:goodluck:

are you mad
Original post by angel.xo
do you know anything for discolouration

I’m Asian, so we have weird tricks for stuff like this. It’s going to sound weird but stay with me 😂.

Basically, get turmeric powder and mix it with water until it becomes paste-like. Leave that on your face for as long as you’d like (actually, the longer the better but not overnight). It’ll be stingy a little and possibly itchy but that means it’s working.

Hopefully this was helpful x
Original post by HoldThisL
are you mad

Literally my reaction 😂. I barely finish 500ml lmao
I’m Asian, so we have weird tricks for stuff like this. It’s going to sound weird but stay with me 😂.

Basically, get turmeric powder and mix it with water until it becomes paste-like. Leave that on your face for as long as you’d like (actually, the longer the better but not overnight). It’ll be stingy a little and possibly itchy but that means it’s working.

i tried that and it was good! but its such a stubborn patch idk why it wont go away lmao. do you know any other products? x
ty xx

exactly lmao
Original post by HoldThisL
are you mad

You two need to get on this bandwagon. I drink at least 4 everyday but I thought that would be too overwhelming for y'all.

Kids these days smh

Sephora rose water cream helped me soooo much!

I used these herbal tablets from Tesco/Holland and Barret and I think they helped. Cant remember what they're called but the pack is bright orange.

I also find that those exfoliating pads in the plastic tubs help no end.
Reply 17
First of all, water. I know it’s said by everyone but it really does help keep your skin hydrated. Try to drink at least 2 litres a day, it’s easy once you get started. A weird tip that’s really helped for me is massaging vitamin E oil into my skin each night before I sleep, it’s done wonders for my skin and made it super glowy. Apart from that, just stick to a basic routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising, with no frills or anything too fancy and that’s what worked for me

wait ur asian? hi5
i do this too sometimes
I’ll say stick with the most natural. So witch hazel and rose water together is such a great combo

Quick Reply

Latest