Error in AQA A-Level Chemistry CGP revision guide Watch

Niztheshizzler
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I think I’ve found an error in a math calculation in the AQA A-Level Chemistry CGP guide... can someone check it - I can’t post a pic so I’ll type the whole question in, alternatively it is page 127 topic transition metals titrations with transition metals.

Example: 27.5cm3 of 0.0200 mol dm-3 aqueous potassium manganate(VII) reacted with 25.0cm3 if acidified sodium ethanedioate solution. Calculate the concentration of C2O4- ions in the solution.

2MnO4- + 16H+ + 5C2O4- —> 2Mn^2+ + 8H2O + 10CO2

So above is the question, and then the working out is shown in the question, but at the end the answer is shown to be 0.552mol dm-3 but in my own working out I got 0.0552 and even when I typed in the working out from the actual page into my calculator I got 0.0552 - not 0.552. Can someone good at math check this for me and get back to me, please. Would be very appreciated. Thank you!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads