I feel like I’ve settled for less Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 months and I love this guy so much , he’s so supportive and caring and an amazing boyfriend. But I just feel like I’m not spoiled enough in the relationship. I’m a person who loves being spoiled with gifts and surprises but my boyfriend hasn’t been fulfilling any of these desires . We don’t really see eachother a lot because we’re both quite busy, I’d say in the 6 months we’ve seen eachother 13 times. He works at 2 different jobs currently and is also at uni and has to provide for himself and his family as his parents are quite old, he doesn’t get paid A LOT , which I understand . He doesn’t drive either . When we go out he always buys me food, he bought me flowers once and I had to tell him I wanted it , he bought me a necklace with his name on it , and that’s literally all he’s done for me , whereas I have friends who get spoiled every week with presents and their boyfriends drive I just feel like I may of settled for less? Also I’m not being rude in any way nor am I superficial. Also how do I tell him I don’t like being sexual outside because lately he’s been so sexual and we were sexual in a park :/
Molliver
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
having a partner who is amazing and supportive is far better than receiving gifts! he sounds like he works hard and still prioritises you despite many external demands on his time and money.

I appreciate the desire to be spoilt but surely a healthy relationship is far more important than material items. also, do not compare your relationship to others, you need to focus on making yours work.

worst case scenario have a conversation with him and explain how you'd like to be treated, particularly regarding gifts and intimacy.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This thread is the same as the other two threads, so I'll close this one.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.76%
No (108)
32.24%

Watched Threads