?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
who has a converter which can change python code to pseudocode
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Keep in mind that pseudocode isn't a real language, it's something that you can just invent on-the-fly if you like, as long as the basic structure is the same as a programming language and uses the same concepts (e.g. for/each, while/repeat/until, if/else, variables, lists/arrays, etc.). From a student point-of-view there aren't any strict rules around it as what you've written reads like an algorithm. If you want to make Python more pseudocode-like then you could start by adding extra words like 'Begin' and 'End' around your loops and if/else blocks. e.g.
Code:
if x < 10
begin
    for i in range 1 to 10
    begin
        # do something
    end for
end if
The important thing is knowing how to think computationally and being able to make your intent clear on the exam paper. Examiners will award marks based on being able to see that you've understood the steps of an algorithm and have been able to express those steps in something which resembles a programming language.

The main reason exam boards have their own pseudocode style is so that all the programming questions you'll be asked in the exam are consistent and unambiguous; you don't really need to learn the Exam board's particular flavour of pseudocode nor do you need to stick to their syntax for your own answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads