The Student Room Group

How to get you mate to go home when you want to go home on a night out.

Basically say if you wanna go home and youv had enough how do you ask you friend that you want to go home and what if they don't want to.
Be the designated driver. I don’t drink so I always am. When I go so do they!!!
If you’re ready to go home say so. If your friends don’t want to leave they don’t have to. Just make sure if you’re alone you’re safe
Reply 2
Original post by Sammylou40
Be the designated driver. I don’t drink so I always am. When I go so do they!!!
If you’re ready to go home say so. If your friends don’t want to leave they don’t have to. Just make sure if you’re alone you’re safe

What would you say a reasonable time to be home for? And thank you for this
Reply 3
Anyone?
Honestly I'd only go out with people who I knew would want to head home around the same time as me. Otherwise I'd end up sleeping in a corner until they were ready :tongue:
How old are you?
Just ask them. If they say no, go home on your own but stay safe (e.g. sober enough, stick to lit roads, maybe get bus/Uber). But tbh I wouldn't go out with friends who would leave me to go home alone.

I would be surprised at anyone going home before midnight, because you probably haven't been out for that long at that point. But I'd still "let" my friends go home before that if they wanted to.
Assuming you're going to be drunk, just be like "mate... I need you to take me home, I'm absolutely f***ed". If he's a good mate he'll get you home.
Reply 8
Original post by Kinyonga
Honestly I'd only go out with people who I knew would want to head home around the same time as me. Otherwise I'd end up sleeping in a corner until they were ready :tongue:

What's a reasonable time to come home?
Reply 9
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Assuming you're going to be drunk, just be like "mate... I need you to take me home, I'm absolutely f***ed". If he's a good mate he'll get you home.

Cheers for this pal!!
Original post by StrangeLilBean
Just ask them. If they say no, go home on your own but stay safe (e.g. sober enough, stick to lit roads, maybe get bus/Uber). But tbh I wouldn't go out with friends who would leave me to go home alone.

I would be surprised at anyone going home before midnight, because you probably haven't been out for that long at that point. But I'd still "let" my friends go home before that if they wanted to.

What's a reasonable time to come home from your first night out?
Original post by Anonymous
What's a reasonable time to come home from your first night out?

Depends when you leave and get to the club and how long you've been drinking for. I'd say after an hour/ hour and a half in the club would be acceptable.
Original post by AzureCeleste
Depends when you leave and get to the club and how long you've been drinking for. I'd say after an hour/ hour and a half in the club would be acceptable.

Cheers for this one kidda, I proper appreciate it
Problem with that one is, the majority of McDonald's branches are open 24 hours now :tongue:
Original post by AzureCeleste

Original post by Anonymous
Cheers for this one kidda, I proper appreciate it

Really depends on the circumstances. If you've bee pre-drinking at someone's house or a pub or bar first, then fairs; but if you're all meeting at the club, you're essentially just whetting the whistle for the first hour, probably all sitting around a table with some beers chatting s***. In the latter case, at LEAST 2 hours I'd say, again depending on what time you arrive - I'd say leaving before 11pm would be socially unacceptable in any case.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Really depends on the circumstances. If you've bee pre-drinking at someone's house or a pub or bar first, then fairs; but if you're all meeting at the club, you're essentially just whetting the whistle for the first hour, probably all sitting around a table with some beers chatting s***. In the latter case, at LEAST 2 hours I'd say, again depending on what time you arrive - I'd say leaving before 11pm would be socially unacceptable in any case.

Oh yeah, I agree.
I personally always have pre-drunk (gets expensive otherwise). Plus most clubs don't open till 10ish (at least the decent ones) and I personally wouldn't want to leave much more before 1
How old is the OP and what sort of environment are we talking? If people are going out clubbing then you much later than if its just the pub.

I would only make the point that recently quite a few of the dead students have hone off on their own late at night. Better to be with a friend or get a black cab. especially if drunk.

If you are not enjoying it , just say thanks or you are feeling ill and slop off. wish them a good evening. they are probably well gone by then, so wont care, but do be safe.

Also the time of last orders and other people going to a club is also a good break point. Dont go clubbing if its not you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending