The Student Room Group

Failed my driving test!

I had my driving test today and felt confident, everything was going so well, I got the perfect test I could have asked for; in terms of the maneuver I liked doing, I got asked easy show me tell me Qs, my independent driving was to somewhere I knew the roads well....

But it came down to a roundabout where it was busy (my test was during rush hour), I caused a van behind me to slow down... and that accounts as a major fault, hence why I failed.

And so now I am feeling pretty bad and down on myself, and being a perfectionist, it is hard not to beat myself down about it and blame it on me for not doing the roundabout correctly... cause my instructor and myself both knew I had a chance in passing my test today.

The weather was lovely, the examiner was kind, I had a good night's sleep the night before, two good meals before the test and I was thoroughly prepared.

It just seems that I am extremely unlucky in this situation and simply wish to take the test again ASAP, as it is all fresh in my mind and so adamant to get my driving license.

I need advice I guess, and ways I can calm myself down.

Thanks/
Reply 1
I failed twice before passing. I also felt deflated and annoyed at myself on both occasions due to only 1 major. I got over it by rebooking the test straight away and getting back in the car. It made me a much better more confident driver failing twice so there are positives to take. Did you have many minors?
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I had 5 minors, 1 due to lack of observations that led to the major fault. My concern is that I have to wait a while until next available booking for test. It was unfortunate to have had my test on a Friday and during peak hours... i would like to take it sooner so I am used to the test and have it all fresh in my mind. But it’s is hard balancing with university and exams coming up... it’s really stressing me out :frown:
Original post by bob981
I failed twice before passing. I also felt deflated and annoyed at myself on both occasions due to only 1 major. I got over it by rebooking the test straight away and getting back in the car. It made me a much better more confident driver failing twice so there are positives to take. Did you have many minors?
Reply 3
4 minors show that you can drive to a good level, keep a look out for any cancellations I booked my 3rd test 2 weeks after my second due to a cancellation
Hi thanks. I do want to get my license quite soon because I don’t want it always on my mind and just adds to a pile of things I need to do/stress about hahaha!! Thanks for the advice, I will definitely be looking out for cancellations. Do you know if I book a test, if I can still book if there are cancellations - as in can I cancel and change my test booking if I find a closer date?
Reply 5
Yes you can do that but you must cancel first, also you must cancel within a given time of booking or you won’t be refunded. Good luck!
Oh okay thank you so much for the help. Are you given a specific number of days / period of time when you can cancel?
Original post by bob981
Yes you can do that but you must cancel first, also you must cancel within a given time of booking or you won’t be refunded. Good luck!
Reply 7
I believe it is a week before the test but I’m not 100%on that it will say on the dvla site

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending