Counter Terrorism Security Check (CTC) Watch

ShamCC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Has anyone had to carry out CTC pre-employment checks out for a role in the Civil Service?

How long did it take roughly to be completed?

I have received a provisional offer for a policy adviser role and I am now completing the pre-employment checks. I have heard it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months (which is a bit worrying).

Thanks!
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
A few weeks for the BPSS THEN the security vetting between a few weeks to many months.

UKSV's performance target is 25 working days for non-priority CTC.
harjotdhami
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just submitted my CTC form last night and they told me it can take 6 to 8 weeks. I also received a provisional offer within the civil service. Which department did you get your offer?
(Original post by ShamCC)
Has anyone had to carry out CTC pre-employment checks out for a role in the Civil Service?

How long did it take roughly to be completed?

I have received a provisional offer for a policy adviser role and I am now completing the pre-employment checks. I have heard it can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months (which is a bit worrying).

Thanks!
ShamCC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have submitted health checks, proof of address documents, and completed a disclosure application. My referees have been also been contacted and their references sent.

As far as I know, I haven't even been sent the CTC form. Is that the National Security Vetting System form?

I was offered a place at DEFRA. Yourself?
harjotdhami
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have submitted health checks, proof of address documents, and completed a disclosure application. My referees have been also been contacted and their references sent.

As far as I know, I haven't even been sent the CTC form. Is that the National Security Vetting System form?

Yes that's the form. It took then 3 weeks of sending me the form from my initial email provisional offer. Contact hr shared services about it if you're still waiting.

My department is ministry of housing, communities and local government
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mdavenport45
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

Have you been placed in a team with defra yet/ have a start date?

I’m still waiting months on....!

ShamCC
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, yes i've been placed and begun my role. It's a long process; I applied in December and have only recently begun my role.

I would keep pushing through HR, just lightly chasing them up regarding updates. Hopefully it comes through!
(Original post by Mdavenport45)
Hi there,

Have you been placed in a team with defra yet/ have a start date?

I’m still waiting months on....!
Mdavenport45
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks, that’s reassuring!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.77%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)
7.05%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
7.05%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (26)
10.79%
Monster Munch (18)
7.47%
Pringles (64)
26.56%
Walkers Oven Baked Crisps (15)
6.22%
Walkers Beef and Onion (3)
1.24%
Thai Sweet Chili Sensations (43)
17.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise