Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Removed at member's request
Last edited by username4571942; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
do you have any reasons why someone shouldn't study at Exeter?
username4571942
Rep:
?
I had to edit part and add to it but , it is what it is.
oatsnoaks
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because they don’t have the highest student to tree ratio apparently 😂
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Pretty much every complaint you make could have been avoided if you'd just gone to the bloody place before firming it.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentvoice443)
I had to edit part and add to it but , it is what it is.
Yeah, what this post needed was more detail.
Aspidosperma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That was painful to read.

So you're saying Exeter is bad because it's not a campus (it is), it's surrounded by farmland (it's in the countryside of course it is), the nightlife isn't as good in rural Devon as in Manchester, it's on league tables and you don't like league tables, Exeter is quiet, the gym is expensive, the teaching is good.

TLDR of the whole thing: op was disappointed by Exeter campus because they thought it was going to be like Norwich.
Last edited by Aspidosperma; 3 weeks ago
I AM GROOT 1
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If they have given you so much to complain about alone dont think anyone acc needs to read it :rofl:
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aspidosperma)

So you're saying Exeter is bad because it's not a campus (it is), it's surrounded by farmland (it's in the countryside of course it is), the nightlife isn't as good in rural Devon as in Manchester, it's on league tables and you don't like league tables, Exeter is quiet, the gym is expensive, the teaching is good.

TLDR of the whole thing: op was disappointed by Exeter campus because they thought it was going to be like Norwich.
Mad how they whinge that Exeter is too built up then say that the campus is too surrounded by nowt.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this an essay?
username4571942
Rep:
?
yes true , which is why I implore people not to make the mistake of not viewing your university
(Original post by gjd800)
Pretty much every complaint you make could have been avoided if you'd just gone to the bloody place before firming it.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
£10 to anyone who actually read that monster.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Can I have 2p for reading the first line?
Rachel48507
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dont want to sound rude but i wasted my time reading this.
You could have just said the importance of visiting a uni before actually choosing it.
The other reasons dont really make sense, it is a campus (might not be to your style) and i think most people know that the night life will obviously be better in big cities.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
The worst thing is that half of it prepares the reader for the complaints that are to follow...
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

thanks for the tldr
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And when he does get into substance, he (I presume it's a 'he' because girls tend to have a wee bit of common sense) doesn't quite manage to critique the national rankings cartel in the most incisive of ways...

"This is where you come back to me from the complete university guide, or other such ranking system, all the ranking systems are pretty much totally ridiculous BS, fake news websites, and it has led many students astray including myself, yes, I fell for their fake news lies just like many others did, because I was a naïve 18-year-old. The complete university has a ranking table which is widely known, and it ranks Universities with a point system. How they calculate it , I do not know and neither do you , they just say that they take certain / surveys/ polls/ factors into account and then calculate a magic number based on this , and this number is the gospel truth , it is fact , and you see on their website that they say they are ‘trusted’ and ‘independent’, so you just assume that you can trust them and that they tell you facts. Coventry university is ranked 13th on the guardian ranking system, and on the complete university guide it is ranked 47th? or on the complete university guide Exeter is ‘3 points’ higher than Leeds for graduate employability, these arbitrary points which are taken from thin air and are meant to hold some sort of sway in reality, and are meant to translate into a tangible difference , but that’s not true."
username4571942
Rep:
?
I feel like you've simplified my points too much , and that's what I didn't want to do i wanted to lay it all on the table in a , yes long , but complete form.

Aspidosperma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Worst part is the OP says they enjoy writing...
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Worst part is the OP says they enjoy writing...
As long as they enjoy their writing... :laugh:

Seriously though, OP, these complaints are less Exeter's fault, and more on you for dropping the ball by not visiting. It's a shame, but you have no real, reasonable basis on which to implore other people to avoid the place.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads