Really bad period cramps Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have really really really bad period cramps right now. I'm 17 and i'm due...but I've never had such bad cramps before my period since i started my period. I'm so so so tired and i can't eat at all, this is resulting in me feeling like i'm going to be sick. I actually have to force myself to eat!

I can't sleep with my stomach i wake up in the middle of the night and i can't get back to sleep.

I've tried everything. Hot water bottle, period cramp tablets, baths, paracetamol. I just want my period to come so this pain can go away. When i started getting this pain i couldn't eat at all and it felt like i could hardly breathe. But that was 2 days ago and i ate quite a lot today and didn't have to use my hot water bottle.

But i need tips!? Please. I have work tmrw (too late to phone in now to say i can't come in) I want to be a bit better?
Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
I understand the pain
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bit of a weird one but I find eating a banana or two can really help. I think it's something to do with the potassium in them? Make sure you're staying hydrated too as it can ease any bloating.

If it carries on being this bad or if it gets any worse, I'd definitely recommend going to your GP. You shouldn't have to deal with being in so much pain :hugs:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MinaBee)
Bit of a weird one but I find eating a banana or two can really help. I think it's something to do with the potassium in them? Make sure you're staying hydrated too as it can ease any bloating.

If it carries on being this bad or if it gets any worse, I'd definitely recommend going to your GP. You shouldn't have to deal with being in so much pain :hugs:
Thank you so much! Yeah i was thinking of going to my GP. I hate bananas hahahaha. Yeah i have found drinking water has helped a bit...weirdly.
KiwiBanana22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
For me the best painkiller is the one with a codeine/paracetamol combo. Co-codamol, available from any pharmacy but not to be taken for more than a few days. If pain persists, visit GP.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by KiwiBanana22)
For me the best painkiller is the one with a codeine/paracetamol combo. Co-codamol, available from any pharmacy but not to be taken for more than a few days. If pain persists, visit GP.
i'm currently taking Naproxen tablets. Which really helped during the early afternoon but now it's gone back to square one at night. Thanks! i might try these
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Drinking more water definitely helps. Lukewarm works well with cramps. Do all as suggested by the lovely peeps above as well. If there's anything I could add, for short-term relief, lying in the fetal position makes me feel a little better.
Hope you feel better soon!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Drinking more water definitely helps. Lukewarm works well with cramps. Do all as suggested by the lovely peeps above as well. If there's anything I could add, for short-term relief, lying in the fetal position makes me feel a little better.
Hope you feel better soon!
thank you so much!!! i'll try this x
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Also in the same situation

Avoiding red meats a few days before I know it’s gonna start and avoiding anything cold helps with the cramps somewhat
Heat pads are also good! You can get them from boots or Superdrug and it’s jsit less hassle than carrying a water bottle lol
If you see your gp they may suggest the pill and then you’ll have no more pains :ahee:
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i'm currently taking Naproxen tablets. Which really helped during the early afternoon but now it's gone back to square one at night. Thanks! i might try these
If you are taking naproxen and they are not helping, see your local family planning GP in your surgery. They will be able to explore options with you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
Also in the same situation

Avoiding red meats a few days before I know it’s gonna start and avoiding anything cold helps with the cramps somewhat
Heat pads are also good! You can get them from boots or Superdrug and it’s jsit less hassle than carrying a water bottle lol
If you see your gp they may suggest the pill and then you’ll have no more pains :ahee:
Thanks so much!!! I'll try heat pads, i can always try the pill.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads