Need help with biology, chemistry, psychology

Watch
The A-level kid
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm bored so if you're stuck with any topics you do not understand in A-level/GCSE feel free to PM me. I've done A-levels and can help you on topics your stuck on
lollypenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
how did you revise topics such as ecosystems for biology? I find the questions quite hard sometimes:/ also tips on revising bio in general?
Last edited by lollypenguin; 2 years ago
The A-level kid
Rep:
I break it down into sub-topics and make my notes clear, to the point and highlight keywords. For biology, colour coding my notes helped a lot, I would use green for keywords since Biology is filled with keywords, red for important info, blue for additional info, black for generic. Make sure your notes are in your own words and you understand what it's about. Ecosystems section is full of keywords and specific things so I would make it into sub-topics and learn it that way as breaking it down for me made it easier. Using colour and also I wrote important things in capital letters as that always helped things stick.
When it comes to revising, make sure you have your notes to hand and anything you find particularly challenging to memorise, I usually put those things on post-it notes and stick them around my room or in particular areas, helped a lot as you can keep on looking at them and eventually it sinks in.
(Original post by lollypenguin)
how did you revise topics such as ecosystems for biology? I find the questions quite hard sometimes:/ also tips on revising bio in general?
anonymous.2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
What grades did you get?
gandalfhan
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
How do you revise for psychology to ensure you remember everything for these 16 marks essays? Like how do you condense the content from textbooks etc. to make sure it's concise but doesn't lack any detail to reach top band in essays? I'm struggling to revise for psychology because I don't know how to really condense the notes for such vast topics ;/
The A-level kid
Rep:
(Original post by gandalfhan)
How do you revise for psychology to ensure you remember everything for these 16 marks essays? Like how do you condense the content from textbooks etc. to make sure it's concise but doesn't lack any detail to reach top band in essays? I'm struggling to revise for psychology because I don't know how to really condense the notes for such vast topics
When it comes to memorising studies make sure you've learnt all the main ones Asch, Milgram etc, learn the main points aims procedure, findings conclusions, no. of participants male/female etc. Make sure you know your issues and debates fully as this helps you for evaluation points for all your studies and you get extra marks using those plus they could easily be 16 markers on their own. For evaluation points only learn the ones you can remember you don't need to remember ALL the evals if you can't.
With psychology a lot of it unfortunately does involve memorising huge chunks of info but as long as you learn the main things with a few evals along the way you should have a good knowledge base to pluck answers from. And also, don't worry about the 16 markers as much, remember it's all about the entire paper, if you get near enough majority of the marks on the other sections, then there is less pressure on performing well on the 16.
With 16 markers, make sure you stick to the question, have a balanced essay, throw in the evals, throw in issues and debates, but make sure you link back to the question at the end of each eval/paragraph and in your conclusion do not say "I think or in my opinion" just use the info you've already talked about for your conclusion.
I know this is quite a generic answer but it is really broad when asking how to revise for psychology. Look at the specification as it can help guide you towards the things you need to know.
The A-level kid
Rep:
(Original post by anonymous.2000)
What grades did you get?
A in psych, B bio, C chem in A-level
GCSE - 7A*/A 3Bs
The A-level kid
Rep:
For A-levels we were the first year to do the new version of A-levels where all your exams are in A2. So yeah, we was the lab rats on the new type of course.
(Original post by The A-level kid)
A in psych, B bio, C chem in A-level
GCSE - 7A*/A 3Bs
Marta Galan
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by The A-level kid)
When it comes to memorising studies make sure you've learnt all the main ones Asch, Milgram etc, learn the main points aims procedure, findings conclusions, no. of participants male/female etc. Make sure you know your issues and debates fully as this helps you for evaluation points for all your studies and you get extra marks using those plus they could easily be 16 markers on their own. For evaluation points only learn the ones you can remember you don't need to remember ALL the evals if you can't.
With psychology a lot of it unfortunately does involve memorising huge chunks of info but as long as you learn the main things with a few evals along the way you should have a good knowledge base to pluck answers from. And also, don't worry about the 16 markers as much, remember it's all about the entire paper, if you get near enough majority of the marks on the other sections, then there is less pressure on performing well on the 16.
With 16 markers, make sure you stick to the question, have a balanced essay, throw in the evals, throw in issues and debates, but make sure you link back to the question at the end of each eval/paragraph and in your conclusion do not say "I think or in my opinion" just use the info you've already talked about for your conclusion.
I know this is quite a generic answer but it is really broad when asking how to revise for psychology. Look at the specification as it can help guide you towards the things you need to know.
Hey do yo have some notes for issues and debates ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (43)
24.16%
Note taking apps (5)
2.81%
Flashcards (32)
17.98%
Revision guides (5)
2.81%
Past papers (87)
48.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.37%

Watched Threads