RHUL's Clinical Psychology MSc Watch

nada_as
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hello!

I recently received an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway's Clinical Psychology MSc. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience on the course with me? More specifically, I'm curious about the optional clinical placement module, and what that entails (how direct is the contact/what sort of placements there are/hours spent at the placement). I hope to pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology in the future, and am hoping to gain as much clinical experience as possible while on the MSc course.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
Royal Holloway, University of London
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nada_as)
Hello!

I recently received an unconditional offer for Royal Holloway's Clinical Psychology MSc. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience on the course with me? More specifically, I'm curious about the optional clinical placement module, and what that entails (how direct is the contact/what sort of placements there are/hours spent at the placement). I hope to pursue a doctorate in clinical psychology in the future, and am hoping to gain as much clinical experience as possible while on the MSc course.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
Hi nada_as,

I'm currently a student in the MSc Applied Social Psychology program, but I will do my best to chat you through the clinical placement module. From what my friends in the clinical program have told me, the placement is a great way to get experience if your goal is to go on to a PhD program. The placements that my friends hold are all very hands on, in terms of experience and are offered in a variety of different clinical areas. They work with patients, talk with clinicians and hold positions of responsibility within their workplaces. From what they have told me, their placements are preparing them well for the next steps in their academic careers.

Hopefully that’s helpful, but if you have any other questions please feel free to chat to me on the Royal Holloway website here.

Paige
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Jun '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads