The Student Room Group

2nd Masters

I completed an MBA in Nov 16 which was paid for by my employer. I now what to do an MSc in Agriculture, the subject of my choice but it says i cant apply for student because i already have a Masters? yes i do but i have never had student finance before. It seems unfair
Original post by andrea48
I completed an MBA in Nov 16 which was paid for by my employer. I now what to do an MSc in Agriculture, the subject of my choice but it says i cant apply for student because i already have a Masters? yes i do but i have never had student finance before. It seems unfair

Those are the rules, I'm afraid. It doesn't matter that you've never had Student Finance for a master's before. If you already have a qualification equal in level to the qualification you wish Student Finance to fund, then they won't budge. There are a few exceptions (such as PGCE and healthcare master's courses), but MSc Agriculture isn't one of them.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. Do you know of anything that replaced the career development loan? That would have been ideal but it's finished now despite university saying it's still available

Original post by PhoenixFortune
Those are the rules, I'm afraid. It doesn't matter that you've never had Student Finance for a master's before. If you already have a qualification equal in level to the qualification you wish Student Finance to fund, then they won't budge. There are a few exceptions (such as PGCE and healthcare master's courses), but MSc Agriculture isn't one of them.
Original post by andrea48
Thank you for your reply. Do you know of anything that replaced the career development loan? That would have been ideal but it's finished now despite university saying it's still available

AFAIK, nothing has replaced it yet. You could try approaching charities and trusts to see if they are willing to some funds, but it's unlikely that each will give more than a few hundred £.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending