The Student Room Group

How can I do A-Levels and BTEC at the same time?

In my area I have only choices to go to college (they don't offer A-Levels in my area) or sixth form (which I wouldn't like as I want to go to college).

I want to apply to a university when I finish either of those and I think BTECs won't be enough, so I'd have to do A-Levels and BTEC. Is there anyway to do this without issues?
Reply 1
Original post by lestercanary
In my area I have only choices to go to college (they don't offer A-Levels in my area) or sixth form (which I wouldn't like as I want to go to college).

I want to apply to a university when I finish either of those and I think BTECs won't be enough, so I'd have to do A-Levels and BTEC. Is there anyway to do this without issues?

Why wont BTEC be enough? What/where do you want to study?

Over 95% of UK universities accept BTEC. I did BTEC in IT/Computing (NO A levels) and I got a BSc and MSc in Computer Science from two top 20-30 universities.
Original post by yt7777
Why wont BTEC be enough? What/where do you want to study?

Over 95% of UK universities accept BTEC. I did BTEC in IT/Computing (NO A levels) and I got a BSc and MSc in Computer Science from two top 20-30 universities.

Hi, sorry for really late reply.

I've looked at entry requirements for some universities like Uni. of Greenwich, Imperial College, Oxbridge, LSE and some don't support BTECs, some support BTECs with an A-Level and Greenwich only accepts D*D*D*.

I used a tool online to find universities that would accept DDD for BTECs for example and only 6 came up, those 6 weren't top universities, rather far from me and not that good.

If one of those universities accept BTECs then I'm sorry, but from what I've seen those are requirements. I'm looking to study Business/Economics, Computing (and another subject I haven't decided yet).

Thanks.
Reply 3
What sort of GCSE results are you expecting?
What are you thinking of studying at university? (If it is either Economics or Computer Science then you ought to take Maths A level.)

Quick Reply