The Student Room Group

Revision help

PLEASE help, I'm unsure about how to revise!

I don't know whether to keep making notes (this is how I learn and I only have a few topics) or to start learning. I don't want to be in a situation where its too late to learn.

How are you guys revising? How much have you done?

I'm in Year 11 and have got my GCSEs this summer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
What year are you in school
Original post by may12388

I don't know whether to keep making notes (this is how I learn and I only have a few topics) or to start learning. I don't want to be in a situation where its too late to learn.

Reply 2
Year 11
Original post by Fin020
What year are you in school
Reply 3
If I were you I’d find out what type of revision units you there are different types of learning there are visual kinetic and auditory. Remember which suits you and set certain times to revise and have small breaks in between revise for no more than one hour before having a break. The setting is also important as you are more likely to revise in the kitchen or dining room than in your bedroom or living room. Each subject that you study has different types of revision methods that work best for example flash cards for formula for equations in physics and in maths for the area of circles and so on they also are good for remembering quotes in lit dates and statistics for humanities history or geography. Recording and auditory revision is great for languages and Flashcards to for grammar and leaning new words. For me I work best by writing I learn a topic such as mitosis in biology wait a day and write as much as I can about it then I fill in the gaps and redo it until I remember everything but that may not be the method for you. You have to find the revision that best suits you and do it . You need to start revision now
Year 11
Reply 4
Ok, thanks for the advice. When did you start revising?
Original post by Fin020
If I were you I’d find out what type of revision units you there are different types of learning there are visual kinetic and auditory. Remember which suits you and set certain times to revise and have small breaks in between revise for no more than one hour before having a break. The setting is also important as you are more likely to revise in the kitchen or dining room than in your bedroom or living room. Each subject that you study has different types of revision methods that work best for example flash cards for formula for equations in physics and in maths for the area of circles and so on they also are good for remembering quotes in lit dates and statistics for humanities history or geography. Recording and auditory revision is great for languages and Flashcards to for grammar and leaning new words. For me I work best by writing I learn a topic such as mitosis in biology wait a day and write as much as I can about it then I fill in the gaps and redo it until I remember everything but that may not be the method for you. You have to find the revision that best suits you and do it . You need to start revision now
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
I’m in year 9 and I’ve started now for the subjects that i find hard such as English I’m fine with science cause I’m getting 9 in them and I’m just prioritising and then in year 10 I’ll start with everything
Ok, thanks for the advice. When did you start revising?
Reply 6
Wow! Sounds like a good plan.
Original post by Fin020
I’m in year 9 and I’ve started now for the subjects that i find hard such as English I’m fine with science cause I’m getting 9 in them and I’m just prioritising and then in year 10 I’ll start with everything
Reply 7
Thanks
Have u properly started revisIng yet? I’m in year 11 so and I’m ******** in I’m so scared! I feel like I’ve left revision till too late so now it’s too overwhelming to do🤦*♀️

I'm in Year 11 and have got my GCSEs this summer.

try and do practice papers it helps or constantly make flashcards they will help to stick the revision try using seneca
Reply 10
Thanks for the tips - I’ve just made an account for Seneca. Seems pretty good.
Reply 11
Original post by Flower2617
Have u properly started revisIng yet? I’m in year 11 so and I’m ******** in I’m so scared! I feel like I’ve left revision till too late so now it’s too overwhelming to do🤦*♀️

I’ve been making notes and trying to learn as I go along - but still feel like I have a lot to do. Don’t worry - there’s still time left. Just get started now.

Quick Reply

Latest